51: support and criticism

Over 5,000 words (: comment & vote to get the story higher than #7 in fanfiction 💕☁️

Jess

Getting out of a meeting was the best feeling in the world. This one was in downtown Burbank and I had my thoughts on the Grammy's, shades on, heels on, and a Manila folder with lots of paperwork about the next album. I was feeling extra powerful today.

The sounds of Jane's and my feet hitting the concrete fill my ears, along with the constant shutters coming from vans with paparazzi in them across the street. We get into Jane's car and drive off immediately.

Our next stop was Meredith's friend's house, where I'd be getting ready for tonight. So far today, besides the meeting, Jane and I had accomplished getting my stitches removed, visiting my new apartment, and we went out for lunch.

In the car, I look on Instagram to see that the selfie of Jane and I driving about an hour ago had gotten over 400,000 likes. I tell Jane and she smiles and flips her hair.

"It's 'cause I was in it."

"I know. Thanks for the selfie," I tell her.

She laughs.

Twitter was just getting pumped up for the pre-red carpet show that was about to air on the east coast. I already had butterflies and felt a little sick to my stomach thinking about walking.

After walking came interviews and I wasn't sure I was prepared for unrehearsed questions. Nick Jonas and the cheating rumors were bound to pop up. But it was also quite possible that Jane wouldn't have me do interviews. Though I didn't want it to seem like I was hiding.

"Oh, I never asked. Who am I sitting next to?" I ask Jane. It was my first Grammy's so I wasn't sure that I'd be sitting front row.

"Lorde, Taylor Swift, and Karlie Kloss, I believe. There should be room for Harry next to you or around you. I did register in that you had a plus one a while ago."

I furrowed my eyebrows. How would she know that I'd be needing a plus one a month ago?

She snapped her head over to me for a split second before looking back at the road. She must've seen the confused look on my face.

"I figured either Nick would be your plus one or Harry." She laughed a little.

"Ah."

I unlocked my phone again and texted both Ella and Taylor, asking when they thought they'd get to the red carpet. I didn't want to be alone at my seat when I arrived.

"Are you excited?" Jane questioned happily.

I grinned. "Yeah. Obviously I'm not going to give myself false hope about winning, but I'm just in shock that I have more than one nomination."

"You should be proud. I am."

I look out the window and smile into the palm of my hand.

"Thank you," I mumble.

The ride to the house was a bit longer than expected, but once I saw that there was an extra car parked in front of the house and "accidentally" glanced through the window to see a hat in the passenger seat identical to Harry's, it all seemed worth it.

Meredith let us into the house and when I walked into an empty side room where everything was set up, I saw a tall figure talking to another woman.

I come up behind him and give a short grab at his ass before wrapping my arms around his torso. God, would this have been awkward if it wasn't really Harry.