Chapter 3 - Help.

TW: Mentions of Blood, Mentions of guns

Darryl 

I stood with the phone up to my ear. I could barely speak because of my shaking and crying. 

"Ye.. yes- Hi, I uhm.. I need help-" My voice was shaky and quiet, I hope he could hear me. 

He asked me a few questions, and I answered as best as I could. Because of being inside all the time, I didn't know some the words he was using. Or my home address. But eventually, they figured it out. He had me stay on the phone, just in case. The only problem was, Mother and Father knew I left. She started spamming my phone with messages, saying that I better get back in the house and that she wasn't dumb.  While on the phone, I told the officer about it. I told him that they could show up any second. My voice was even quieter now, and I was struggling to not just abandon the plan and get back in the house so nothing worse than some cuts or bruises happens.

I saw lights pull up towards my house. My heart was beating so fast, and I couldn't stop shaking. I peered around from the tree I was hiding behind and watched as my Mother ran out of the car and up to the house. She looked really angry. I had to keep my strength though. For my siblings. 

The officer finally arrived not much later, with others to help. I quickly ran up to them and told them about Mother being home. They nodded and said they would search the house. They put me in a car and told me to wait there. I watched through the window as they walked up to the house and knocked. At first, no answer. They knocked again and Mother and Father peered their heads out of the door. I guess I was too focused on the officers I didn't even realize father had gone into the house too. As soon as they saw it was officers, Father disappeared into the house. I'm guessing to try to hide the chains or things they use to hurt us? But after some struggle, they finally got into the house. I watched for what felt like hours, as they searched. I just watched the house and listened to the officer in the car with me. Through his radio, I heard him talk about the house, the kids, and apparently a gun. Where did that come from? I had never heard them mention anything about a gun, so it could be new. They could have been planning to use it on me. I tried to calm myself down, but I just couldn't. I just kept crying. It definitely didn't help when I saw ambulances pulling up to my house. 

About ten minutes later I saw Mother and Father coming out. But I didn't have to worry about them anymore. They were in handcuffs. They were shoved into different cars and driven off. Even though through all of this, we had suffered pain no one should have to go through, I still loved them. My thoughts of Mother and Father were quickly overrun by the excitement of my siblings. They were walking out, clinging onto the hands of the officer I had originally called. I quickly opened the door to the car and ran out to go see them. I hugged them both tightly.

"I told you I'd get help." I smiled and cried as I hugged them. I broke away and put my hands on their shoulders. 

"We never have to go back in there again."

After our reuniting, we were put into the ambulance and taken to the hospital. I listened closely as people in the front talked about how dirty and hurt we were, and about how we needed medical attention immediately. I glanced over at my siblings and really studied their wounds. It was always dark in the house, so I never really got to see them in the light. I saw blood-stained clothes, many scabs, bruises, scratches, marks from the chains that they had to wear for weeks at a time. Before it got this bad, I used to try to bandage up any wounds with stuff I found in the house and a video on my phone. I cared too much about my siblings to let them die. I leaned my head against the wall of the ambulance and felt how it felt nice against the back of my head. I had done it. We had gotten out, and we'd never have to go back. I smiled. Maybe things will start to look up for us.