Epilogue

TW: Mentions of death

Darryl

"Zak, Can you get the door?" I yelled from the kitchen.

I heard stomping and barking as he ran across our apartment.

We moved in a few months ago. After streaming Minecraft for a few months and saving up, we were able to move away.

"Darryl!" I turned around to see Lucy standing in the doorway.

"Lucy!" I hugged her tightly before we walked out to greet Phil and his sons. He had officially adopted Lucy, and we see them often.

"This is a nice place you have." Phil said as he looked around.

"Yeah. It's perfect for the three of us." I laughed, and Zak came over and kissed me on the cheek.

We watched as Lucy, Tommy, Tubbo, Techno, and Wilbur chased Rat around the living room.

"I don't know how you do it, Phil. I'd go insane with just one kid." I laughed.

Eventually, a few more people streamed in, including Aaron, Nick, Karl, Alex, and newlywed Ant and Velvet.

"How have things been with- You know-" Ant asked as I watched Zak play with the kids.

I sighed.

"He's really been struggling. I mean, I knew it was coming. With all the alcohol he drank, there's no way he would have made it. But with my love and support, he seems to be doing okay."

Ant gave me a sad smile.

"I'm so happy the two of you found each other. All thanks to Noah, I guess." Ant said.

I nodded.

"I haven't heard from him in months- I never found out why- you know- he was like that."

Ant was the kid everyone liked and could talk to, and he knew everything about everyone somehow.

"He had some family issues. Cara's not even his mom."

I gasped.

"What? Who is she then?" I asked, shocked.

"She's his older sister. His parents just abandoned them as soon as Cara turned eighteen. I'm assuming they just acted the way they did to you because their parents acted like that to them."

"That's horrible-" I said.

"Darryl, can you come here?" I heard Zak call from the other room.

"Sorry, I'll be right back."

I walked to the front door where Zak was. He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. I felt the cold air hit my face as Zak shut the door behind me.

"Zak, what's going on?" I questioned as I looked at him.

His face was red, and he seemed really nervous.

"Zak?" I asked again.

"Darryl- As soon as I met you, I knew I was falling in love with you. And I know we've only been with each other for about eight months now, but I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

He bent down on one knee and lifted up a ring in a little black box.

"Darryl Noveschosch, love of my life, will you make me the happiest man and marry me?"

Tears started filling my eyes.

"Oh my god-"

I ran up to him and kissed him, tears streaming down my face.

"Of course, I will!" I managed to get out in between our kisses.

Zak pressed our foreheads together.

"I love you so much, Darryl."

"I love you too, Zak."