Chapter 14 - The Necklace

After a few hours of spending my time, deeply immersed into the story of the book, a knock at the door,
"Hey y/n, it's Draco. Can you open the door?" I opened the door and saw him gasping, catching his breath.
"Uh- hey, what's going on? why are you panting?"
"It's dinner time, my mom told me to get you." I didn't realize it was near to dinner time. I walked alongside Draco, going to the dining room.
"My mom said you gave her something. Like a letter?"
"Yeah, more like a Christmas card. It's normal stuff. I just thanked her for inviting me into your house, and how lively it has been for me to be here. Well you know, that kind of thing. Why?" I furrowed my eyebrow.
"Oh nothing. I was going inside the dining room, you know seeing her placing the food down on the table. And she was smiling by herself, like a- a soft-grateful type of smile. I asked her why's she smiling, she said she read something that you gave so I guess that's that." I smiled upon hearing the fact that she was smiling to the letter I wrote for her.
"She was smiling? Aww.." I put my hand on my chest, feeling touched. He shook his head looking at me. But what Draco doesn't know, is that I actually wrote something a little more personal. If I could remember, I wrote,

"Dear Narcissa,

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family. May the peace and joy of the holiday season be with you throughout the year. I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me over, welcoming me with open arms. Draco always been talking about how huge his house is, and now I finally get to see it which is true - it's amazing. And to meet his family over the break feel like an honor to me.

I also heard so many great things he said about you, I rarely heard about his father. I guess it's safe for me to say that he really looked up to you, he once said that you're his queen and that he would do anything to protect you. I can see why, you're an amazing mother. I do feel a little jealousy, because I miss my parents and being here sort of sparked the memory of being together with them. Leaving this place would be hard, I kind of grew into loving it. I don't want to jump and say that I feel like a part of your family but I do. So yeah, I would definitely going to miss everything that happened here. Thank you for all the hospitality you have given to me and not to forget, the book that I'm still far from finishing it.

Here's to more amazing new year, may it be filled with joy, hope as well as wonders and also to more of our relationship. 

Lots of love, Y/n."

Still smiling, Draco nudges me with his elbow. I awkwardly smiled at him, walking into the dining room. We had our dinner, but something is a little off. I look over to my side and see no sign of Bella. I asked Narcissa,
"Your sister and Mr. Malfoy is not back yet?" she shook her head, as she opened her mouth to reply, Mr. Malfoy walked inside.
"I'm terribly sorry. Go on, continue with your dinner." he sat down and settles himself. Waiting for so long for his food to come out, he banged the table making all the spoons and forks on his side of table clattering. One of the elves hurriedly brought out his food while apologizing millions of time. He scoffed at the elf. Even through all that, I still haven't seen her. The last time I saw her was this morning and that was it. I start to worry, is she alright? I wanted to ask Mr. Malfoy, but I have no courage to open my mouth and ask him. And then Narcissa did.
"Lucius dear, where is Bellatrix? Is she coming to dinner?" he shook his head, then goes on telling her that she is not seen after the meeting, she was the first one left. With furrowed eyebrow and a worried look, Narcissa slouches down. Looking at her like that made me feel worried too. But I don't want to make things worst,
"I bet she went out to do something? She's a brave woman, she'll be alright Narcissa. I hope so." I turned my head, facing Draco.
"Am I right Draco?"
"Uh yes mother. Aunt Bella, she can take care of herself. I know it. Doesn't she always do this? She would always come back. No one can fight her, she's strong. Don't worry." he flustered.
"I hope she is." she sighed, then continuing feeding herself.