Chapter 29 - The Dance

[The day of the dance]

Opened my eyes as I sighed, thinking of the chaos tonight will bring. Before I could bring myself up for the day, the rest of the girls were clamouring right outside my bedroom door. Honestly, I couldn't care less about this dance. But I'll be as energetic as the other girls, well, maybe toning it down a bit. I am going to use this dance to let myself free, and have fun. Forget about the troubles that I am having. Forget about Bella which is hard for me, she basically lives in my head and heart. I opened the door, and as I was going to take one step outside my room, one girl ran past the door while holding her robe behind, letting it flow with the wind. I rolled my eyes and tried to shut my door again before getting dragged into this chaos. But I was too late.

"Y/n! Oh, my goodness. Are you just waking up?" Eleanor held together my arms and shook my body. Grunting to force her to break open her grip, she lets go and tried to pull me away from my door.

"Come on! We have to get ready,"

"Ready for what?" I tiredly question her as I involuntarily let her pull me around the place.

"For the dance, you silly. Come on, we have lots of work to do"

"Yeah, she needs a ton of work on that, ha!" Pansy getting on my nerves in the morning is definitely not on my list for today but unfortunately, it did.

"Okay, no. No, stop E." I said as I swat Eleanor's hands away from my face.

"I don't know if you girls know this, but we still have our morning classes. Whether we like it or not." I continued. I could hear all of them groaning in annoyance.

"What? No, we do not. You're just saying that." Pansy argued. I raised my shoulders while saying that it is true. They all placed their makeup brushes on the table and simply walked back to their room.

So, we gathered again in the Great Hall, Professor Dumbledore had said a few words regarding the dance tonight, and I safely say that he is fairly excited about it. I turned around to see Draco and Blaise about the dance.

"It's official, everyone's going crazy about this dance. It's all they talk about. I turn around, I see them talking about it, from what to wear to what kind of foods they are serving?"

Then Professor McGonagall went on about how we still have the morning classes, which then fills the hall with sounds of the students groaning – making her speak louder and sternly. I continued to eat my food before heading to class. Draco as always steals the food off my plate. I rolled my eyes at him. We talked for a moment before getting dismissed,

"So, I got this new tie that my mother just sent. The girls are going to get crazy for it," Draco said.

"It was already the mail day, so how did you get it? Oh, wait. Never mind, don't answer that." Draco smirked because he knows that he has some entitled shit from his father. He can just say, 'my father will hear about this,' and they'll confer. As the day went on, we got into our morning classes, and basically, we didn't learn much as the students were begging the Professors to let it lay low for today since it was the day of the dance. But Hermione, on the other hand, was feeling uneasy as she always prioritises her studies before anything else. At the last class of the day, the students can be seen getting excited by the minute as the dance is getting closer. After the bell rang, most of us hurried out of the classroom, rushing to get ready for the dance. I wasn't in hurry, so of course I was behind the girls and walked with Draco and Blaise. When we got into the common room, the place was empty – no girls were there except me.

"When are you getting ready y/n? you know, with all the makeup and the dress. She'll finally hang around with the girls, not with us." Crabbe teased.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever Crabbe. I'm going to sit here for a moment, at least just to escape the chaos in the girls' hangout place." I replied. So, we sat there for a few minutes. When Draco stood up and said he wants to get ready, the rest of the boys agreed and followed him behind to start getting ready too – leaving me alone. I sat there staring at the fireplace until the sound of the girls' squeals broke my attention. I went up to see the girls' bedroom doors open and they walked in and out from each other's room, probably borrowing makeup or accessories. I walked quickly, avoiding the girls and into my room then starts to get ready. Got me a shower, then I turned on my music player and played some cheesy songs like how people in movies do their makeover montage. I put on the dress that was given to me, then put on some makeup on my face and did a simple, yet elegant hairdo.