Chapter 25 - The Truth (Part 2)

He looked at me with disbelief. He wasn't sure if it was real or if I was making a joke. I tried getting close to him, hoping to clear things out, but he still stepped back in disbelief.

"Draco, I'm sorry that you had to know about us like this. Hey, at least you didn't find out about it the hard way, in my room or something," I chuckled trying to make a joke but he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's not funny y/n," he turned around avoiding eye contact with me.

"I thought you would be okay with me and your aunt Bella, and here you go freaking out? I mean, I get it and I knew you would be freaked out. But avoiding me? That is just- I don't know," he shook his head again with disbelief. Yet he hasn't let out a proper sentence with me.

"Draco, please. At least say something rather than letting me talk by myself." I tried calming him down again. He turned around to look me in the eyes and said "I'm sorry," before he walked out. I sat down on the bench, sort of blaming myself. I kept thinking, I shouldn't have said anything to him. I sat there for a few minutes before I realized that I should go and try to talk with him again. I went into the common room and saw the place so empty, it's no wonder because it was the end of the free period and it was class time. So, everyone was in class, I rushed into the class and everyone was staring at me once I walked into the room. It was potions class with Snape.

"Miss y/l/n, you're late. Let this be a warning." He reminded me. Then he continued with the lesson. I found my way to my seat which was next to Draco as he is my partner in potions class. I sat down next to him and kept quiet. I thought that he might need some time to process all the things that had happened. Our day went on like a normal, kind of day because this time Draco and I aren't talking much like we used to. Which was not normal for the rest of the group. They realized it when Draco didn't say a word to me, he didn't even try to look at me when he passed me the papers.

"Is everything okay with him?" Blaise nudged me and asked. I didn't want to make a scene or try to make it a big thing so I raised my shoulders and said,

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe he had a bad day or something, I'm not sure." I lied to him. I looked over at Draco, he was staring down at his paper until the end of the class. When we were outside of the classroom, I tried to walk next to him, but he walked faster than me. I felt so bad and so hurt that my best friend would do this to me. There was no point in me trying to catch up with him, I knew he would still ignore me so, I just walked past them and into the common room.

"Y/n! Are you not coming for dinner? Hey!" Blaise yelled and called out to me. I turned around and shook my head. They went into the Great Hall and had dinner. It hurt me that my best friend ignored me, so I went into my room and locked myself in. After some time, Pansy knocked on the door.

"Hey, are you okay? I brought you some food if you want." She knocked on the door again.

"No, thank you, Pansy. I'm good." I said, just so she could get away from the door.

"Okay, good night y/n."

"Good night." I wanted to know if Draco is in his room, so I opened the door for her.

"Pans, where is Draco? Is he in his room?" I asked, but she shook her head and said she had no idea where he was. She went into her room and closed the door, I waited for almost an hour to make sure everyone is sleeping or at least occupied. Then I tried going to his room, I knocked on his door but he didn't answer. I figured if he is not answering, someone else might wake up because of it so, I sneaked out of the common room. I hadn't got a clue where he might be at first, but when I saw this familiar pole, I knew he might be in the secret room. And so, I went there and checked. I was right, he is in there, just sitting quietly on the bench – looking downwards at his shoes.