1. Twenty Five

Life has never been ideal for me. Born into a family that made living feel like an endless black pit. A pit of never-ending torture, heartache and disdain. Parents that couldn't see past their greed for power. Never to realize that love is the greatest power of all.

The slamming of a heavy door rips me from my thoughts. Without turning around, I already know who is responsible for the unnecessary uproar.

In my peripheral, I see the two biggest pains in my ass, Kaia & Zayn Jackson waltzing in with the biggest mischievous grins spread across their face. Trailing not far behind them is my daughter Xile, looking innocent as ever, but I know better than that.

"The devil twins," I say, taking a very much-needed deep breath, I twist in my chair to face them. A smile tugs on the corners of my lips as I take notice of what's in their hands.

"Happy Birthday our slutty little whore!" The twins exclaim in unison and my heart flutters as the light of my life skips over to me. She wraps me in her arms, and I wrap my arms around her, holding her tightly as her signature scent of vanilla engulfs my senses.

"Happy birthday mom," Xile whispers with a soft kiss on my cheek, which no doubt is covered in a rosy tint by now.

Squeezing her tighter, I motion for the twins to join us to which Kaia quickly places the cake down on the coffee table in the middle of my room and runs over to us. Opening my arms for them I whisper, "Thank you," as they wrap us in theirs.

After about a minute of pure bliss in the warm arms of the only family I have, Zayn pulls back and folds his arms. "You're officially 25, get your ass up because we're going out!"

A blank expression takes over my features as I look straight at him, "Not happening" I protest.

"Please, pretty princess Ana," Kaia pleads, dropping to her knees at my feet; dramatic as ever.

Zayn mimics tugging at my hand with bright pleading eyes. Xile isn't able to contain her laughter as she looks down at the two dipshits we're unfortunately stuck with. Rolling my eyes, I move over to my bed and sit with my legs crossed at the edge, leaving them with bewildered expressions on their faces. Xile crawls behind me and rests her head on my shoulder.

They stand quickly and soon after Zayn is running out of the room and returning with a huge white box, a black bow wrapped around it.

"Ta-da!" Kaia says with jazz hands as Zayn places the box on the bench in front of me.

Audibly gasping I press my hands to my chest in a teasing way. They roll their eyes, fanning me off as they wait impatiently for me to open the box.

"Open it," Xile says, anxiousness lacing her tone. Shaking my head, I lean forward and remove the black ribbon. Before I'm able to carefully fold the ribbon, what my family says is 'undiagnosed OCD' biting me in the ass, Zayn snatches it out of my hold and throws it behind him before he sits on the bench. Scrunching my face in annoyance at him as I open the box, the sparkly Joyce Spakman's porcelain corset immediately captures my attention.

Unwillingly, my lips fall open as I carefully brushed my fingers over the intricate piece in front of me. A piece so breathtaking I can't wrap my head around it. There are no describing words that could do this piece of art any justice. None. It was...it was...

Yeah, that.

The white gold and blue renaissance/rococo style details glisten under the bright sunlight shining through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows of our penthouse.

Xile reaches around, places her hand under my chin, and pushes my mouth closed.

"I would ask if you liked it, but I think that reaction alone is my answer," Kaia says.