14. Kiss & Make-up

3 years ago.

"Mr. Valentino, we've arrived," Oliver says, taking me from my thoughts. "What's wrong with you? Nervous?" Emilio laughed as I stepped out of the car. I punch him and fix my suit as I look ahead at the people entering the building and the paparazzi yelling their names.

"Let's get this over with, hm?" I say as I walk ahead. All of the cameras point to us as we walk in, not stopping for any pictures.

My eyes scanned the room for her. The woman I'm to marry, she's standing by the bar on the phone, visibly upset. "Go to our seats, try not to get into any trouble. I'll be there soon." I took slow strides as I walked over, admiring her. I stand next to her as her back faces me.

"Whiskey, on the rocks," I say to the bartender as I rest my elbow on the bar

"Whiskey, on the rocks," I say to the bartender as I rest my elbow on the bar. "Xile, get in here now I will drag you in here myself. I won't say it again!" She says before cutting the call and taking a deep breath. She turns to the bartender, "Whiskey, on the rocks please." He nods and hands me my drink.

"Here, you look like you need it more than me. Whiskey on the rocks, right?" I said, turning my head slightly to her as I slid my drink over. She looks up at me, "Thank you, Mr.?"

"Valentino. Rough night?"

"Rough? More than, try rebellious 15-year-old daughter." She sighs before taking a sip of her drink. "Teenagers." We say simultaneously. She laughs and I take my drink from the bartender. "Father?" She asks, and I nearly choke on my drink.

"No, no way. 17-year-old cousin that's more like a little annoying brother." "I see." She smiles and I blurt out, "You're so beautiful. I mean, your dress is."

She laughs again, "Thank you, I made it."

"Yes, mom?" Xile comes up to her and stands between us. "I'm talking to someone, 'excuse me' would have been nice." Anaís scolds, pulling her daughters arm so they're standing side by side, "Manners," she says, glaring at her.

Xile looks me up and down, "Excuse, yea, as I was saying. I'm here now, happy?" Anaís downs her drink, "I'm sorry about her, enjoy the show, Mr. Valentino."

"I will, Ms. Semaya." She grabs Xile's arm and drags her backstage. I finished my drink and sat with Emilio as the show started.

Present-day.

I lay here, the most beautiful of women in my arms. Mine. At least she was. I've no idea if she still wants to be with me after everything. I guess I'll find out. I wanted her forever, to wake up to her every morning for the rest of my life. To watch as she stirs in her sleep. To breathe the same air as her. I wanted to consume every inch of her until the only thing she could think about was me. To drown in her eyes and bask in the light she gives off.

I play in her hair as she sleeps on my chest, and a small smile appears on her face. She opens her eyes slightly, adjusting to the light shining on us. "Good morning, my love," I say, she opens her eyes fully and lifts her head off me.