40. Cross My Heart

As we drove home, rain poured down on us as loud claps of thunder and blinding lightning flickered in the atmosphere.

Truthfully, I was glad Grey was the one driving because I wouldn't be able to see a thing and I was puzzled as to how he was right now.

When we arrived home, Grey pulled into the garage before Emilio jumped out and lifted Xile into his arms. She'd fallen asleep before we could even leave the warehouse parking garage.

As we all made our way into the house, Grey grabbed onto my wrist and yanked me backward. I looked up at him, a puzzled expression on my face.

"Let's get you wet," he said taking my purse from me and placing it on the hood of the car.

My cheeks flustered and before I could ask him what he meant by that, he turned me, locked his arms around my waist, and lifted me before he ran down the driveway.

The rain stung my skin as he chuckled lightly. I tried to push his arms off of me, but they only got tighter. I screamed for him to let me down, but he would not budge no matter how many times I thrashed in his hold.

"You're so beautiful when you scream my name," he said. "Dance with me," he said as he tried to let me down.

Suddenly I didn't want that anymore. I clung to him and whined as I remembered I had on a pair of heels that were way too expensive in the first place.

"These shoes are expensive!" I yelled.

"I'll buy you the company." He offered, "Trust me," he said, and I took a deep breath as I nodded, and he let me down.

I tried my best to cover my face from the water with my palm as he reached into his pocket and took out a small silver remote. He pressed a button and 'Him & I' by Halsey and G-Eazy started playing.

My heart warmed as he took my hand and pulled me closer to his chest. He placed his hand on the small of my back as he started swaying to the music.

"Grey, we'll get sick if we stay out here any longer," I said.

"In sickness and in health, right?" I rolled my eyes as he placed his palm on my cheek. "Forever, I'm yours,"

"And I'm yours," I said with a smile.

As much as I wanted to go inside and tangle ourselves in the warm sheets together, I also wanted to be in this moment.

To look into his eyes as the rain surrounds us, the night sky consuming us making it seem as if we're the only ones in the world. To bare my soul and show him just how much I love him as he did the same to me.

To feel the safety only his arms could provide.

I knew. I'd always known this man would be my undoing. And yet, I didn't fear it even for a second.

I'd do anything, be anything, just for him.

The feeling that consumes every cell in my body when he looks into my eyes is unlike any other and I'd do anything to feel it.

"Cross my heart," he started singing the lyrics to the song.

I smiled remembering the time I'd sung it to him as he held me in the pool.

"In the end, it's Him & I," I finished before he grabbed onto my nape and leaned down to kiss me softly.

As he pulled away, he took my hand and twirled me, "Your beauty never ceases to amaze me, my queen,"

"I could say the same about you, acey-poo," I laughed when he frowned. It was no secret that he didn't care for the nickname, but I didn't care. And deep down somewhere inside I knew he secretly loved it, even a tiny bit.