1) Things Change

Raven sat up with a start. Her dark eyes darted around her room quickly as her grey hands clung to her sheets.

"Stupid dream," her gravely voice was uneasy. She reached up and ran her fingers through her purple hair, and got out of bed. As she pulled on her blue cloak, Raven became aware of someone knocking on her door.

"Hey Raven," the knocking grew louder, "Open up!" Raven strode over to the door and opened it a crack. Deep green eyes looked eagerly up at her.

"What do you want Beast Boy?" she asked. The young man opened his mouth to say something, exposing large lower canines, but then closed it. He grinned sheepishly at her, running his gloved hands through his green hair.

"Uh," the olive green skin of his cheeks began to turn red, and he shifted his weight uncomfortably.

"Unless you're going to say anything interesting, I'm closing this door," Beast Boy stuck one of his dark magenta shoes in the door, and winced as the door tried to close on it.

"Raven, wait," Beast Boy wedged his slender black and dark magenta clad frame into the space between the door and the wall. "This isn't exactly easy to say." Raven put her hands on her hips. Beast Boy swallowed hard. "I was uh, wondering if uh, you wanted to uh, go out some time?" He flinched as soon as he said it, as though expecting her to strike him. Raven sighed.

"Beast Boy, you and I both know Terra's the one you love," she tried to close the door again, but Beast Boy wouldn't move.

"I don't even know if it was Terra I loved," Beast Boy sighed, his large pointed ears drooping.

"Whether or not the Terra you loved was actually Terra is beside the point," Raven replied. Beast Boy nodded slowly, and then looked up at her, one of his large lower canines protruding from his mouth. She flinched internally at the amount of pain in his green eyes. An awkward silence settled between them, and Raven wished he would say something. "Um, so can I go now?" She asked finally. Beast Boy sighed and wriggled out of the space between the door and the wall. Raven closed the door, turned her back to it, and slid down to the floor.

"Will you at least think about it?" Beast Boy's voice came through the door. She was surprised that he was still there. She stood up, and opened the door again.

"Think about what?" she asked. Beast Boy shifted uncomfortably under her piercing gaze.

"About going out some time," he replied. He looked so vulnerable standing there in front of her. His eyes were hopeful, shining. The last time his eyes had shone like that she had told him they were friends.

"I'm sorry Beast Boy," she said finally, breaking the silence. "I'm not the girl for you." Beast Boy opened his mouth to say something, but Raven closed the door. Shutting him out.

- Scene Break -

Beast Boy shuffled slowly away from Raven's room, his shoulders hunched in defeat.

"Well that could have gone better," he muttered. He looked back at Raven's door, willing her to open it and re-consider his offer. He wished she would. He didn't want to be alone. He shuffled into the Titans living room and plopped himself down onto one of the couches. "Well what did you expect?" He asked himself angrily. "She thinks you're a total dork." He sighed angrily.

"Hey B.B. what's with the long face?" Cyborg asked. The half machine, half man, made his way over to the fridge and grimaced. "Looks like Star's eaten all the blue furry food. Again." He glanced over at Beast Boy. "Man that was supposed to make you laugh." He stood up and crossed his cybernetic arms. "What's with you?"

"Nothing Cy really," Beast Boy knew that his friend wouldn't believe him, but it was worth a shot anyway.

"And why don't I believe you?" Cyborg asked. He sat down, and looked at Beast Boy intently with his one red robotic eye, and blue human eye. The blue eye matched the color of his cybernetic limbs, and contrasted with his dark skin. "So spill green man. What's on your mind?"

"Well," Beast Boy sighed. "I asked Raven if she wanted to go out sometime and..."

"You did what?" flecks of spit landed on Beast Boy's face from Cyborg's reaction. "And she didn't kill you?" Beast Boy chuckled.

"No, she didn't," he admitted. "But she also said she didn't want to." Cyborg nodded. Beast Boy clenched his fists abruptly. "What do I have to do to make her think I'm not an idiot?" Cyborg shrugged.

"She's Raven," he replied. "She doesn't really like anyone."

"She likes Robin," Beast Boy muttered. With this being said he stood up and stalked out of the room.

- Scene Break -

Raven sat on her bed and stared sightlessly at the book in her hands. She just couldn't concentrate. She wondered what had gotten into Beast Boy's head to ask her to hang out with him. They had absolutely nothing in common.

Putting her book down, Raven made her way over to her closet. She caught a glimpse of herself and wondered again what he had been thinking. She was the creepy one, her black leotard and blue cloak emphasizing how different she was. She reached up, and adjusted her brooch and hood.

"I need to get out of here," she muttered. She closed her eyes and disappeared into the floor.

Raven surfaced outside the tower. Without thinking, she flew towards the city. She just wanted to get away. Get away from everything. She could lose herself in the hub of the city. There were people everywhere, talking, laughing. Doing things that she knew she could never do. She sighed and walked along the sidewalk, her eyes downcast. Abruptly, she ran into something.

"Hey, why don't you watch where you're going?" Raven froze. She recognized the voice all too well. Reluctantly she looked up at the person who had spoken. Although she was dressed in a school-girl outfit, she had the same blonde hair, same blue eyes, and same voice. Raven could feel rage brewing inside of her. Her fists clenched.

"Terra?" she almost spat out the name. The blonde blinked at her a few times, no recognition on her face. "Remember me?" Raven asked.

"Um, should I?" Terra asked. Raven glared at the girl.

"We used to be friends," Raven had to stop herself from adding, 'before you betrayed us to our arch-nemesis.'

"I think I would remember someone like you," Terra replied, and started to walk away. Raven grabbed her by the wrist.

"You can deny who you are as much as you like," she hissed. "But you can't hide from the past forever Terra."

"Why do you keep calling me that?" the girl asked.

"Because you are Terra," Raven replied. "And since you've been gone, Beast Boy's been a nervous wreck!" For a brief, fleeting second, Terra's eyes widened. "Yeah you know who I'm talking about." Raven growled. Too late she realized that she was losing control. Rage was taking over. She closed her eyes momentarily, trying to regain control. Opening her eyes, she frowned at the blonde. "I know you think Beast Boy could never forgive you for what you did, but he has. He really misses you. For his sake, come back." Terra said nothing. Raven sighed and began to walk away.

"Why are you doing this Raven?" Terra's voice spoke from behind her. Raven turned around in surprise.

"You do remember," she said softly. Terra nodded.

"I just wanted to forget," the blonde admitted. She lowered her blue eyes to the ground.

"Beast Boy doesn't," Raven replied. Terra looked up at her.

"Since when did you start caring what Beast Boy does?" she asked suspiciously. Raven narrowed her eyes.

"He's my friend," she replied. "And besides, his whining is getting on my nerves." Terra seemed to accept that. "So, are you coming or not?" Raven gestured towards Titan Tower. Terra took in a deep breath and nodded. Raven floated up off the ground, and looked down at the former titan. Terra's eyes glowed yellow, as did her hands, and she lifted off the ground on a large rock. Raven frowned, but didn't say anything, and together the two girls headed back to the tower.