5) Confession

Beast Boy lay awake staring at the ceiling. He didn't know what the time was, or how long he had been lying there awake. He rolled over on to his stomach, and rested his chin on his folded arms. He still couldn't believe what Terra had said.

She had no right to say mean things to Raven. Especially after what Raven had gone through. However, he did feel badly for yelling at her. He knew he shouldn't have.

Beast Boy sat up, and wished that he had a clock in his room. Despite the lack of sleep, he didn't feel tired. He jumped down from his bunk bed, and did a few stretches.

He decided to go apologize to Terra for his outburst. He opened his door and headed toward Terra's room. He hesitated for a moment, but finally knocked on the door. Within a few moments, Terra opened her door.

"Hey Terra," Beast Boy shifted uncomfortably. Terra crossed her arms over her chest. "I uh, wanted to apologize for yesterday." Terra's face lit up.

"I knew you'd realize your mistake," she said. "You say things without thinking them through sometimes."

"Whoa, slow down there Terra," Beast Boy frowned. "I still agree with everything I said yesterday. I'm just sorry that I yelled at you. Raven absolutely deserves your respect Terra."

"Why?" asked the blonde. "It's not like she's human or anything. She doesn't have any feelings."

"That's not true and you know it," Beast Boy said softly. Terra scowled. "She represses her emotions. She's scared Terra, scared of hurting us. That's why she acts emotionless. You've seen what happens when she loses control."

"I guess," Terra agreed. "But she's so cold. She doesn't open up to anyone."

"She's afraid of getting hurt," Beast Boy replied. "The one time she did open up to someone, the jerk broke her heart."

"Everyone goes through heartbreak Beast Boy," Terra argued. "So far I'm not seeing anything outstanding in her life."

"Okay," he frowned. "I don't know how long you were in your statue for, but when Raven turned 16, she became a portal and brought forth a demon named Trigon. She managed to transfer some of her power to us so that we wouldn't be killed, but she was destroyed."

"But..." Terra started.

"We refused to believe that she was gone," Beast Boy cut her off. "Then Slade showed up and told us she was still alive."

"Hold up," Terra frowned. "Slade's alive? I totally took him down."

"That's what I said when I saw him," Beast Boy replied. "And he told us, well Robin, that he had made a deal with Trigon. He would serve Trigon, and Trigon would give him his body back. Anyway, Trigon betrayed Slade, and so he teamed up with us to destroy the demon."

"Slade teamed up with you?" Terra asked, scratching her head.

"Yeah," Beast Boy confirmed. "He went with Robin to go get Raven."

"Robin's always the hero huh?" Beast Boy's eyes flashed with anger at Terra's comment.

"Raven returned as a child," he continued. "She thought that she was powerless, but when Trigon went to attack us, she discovered that she still had some power left. She used this to transform into an adult, and destroyed him." There were a few moments of silence.

"I didn't know," Terra said lamely.

"Well now you do," Beast Boy replied. "Let's get some breakfast." Terra smiled, and the two of them set off towards the kitchen.