14) Coma

Beast Boy winced as Cyborg set his broken leg. There was a sickening crunch as Cyborg popped the bone back into place. Beast Boy clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

He glanced down at the robotic Titan. His cybernetic hands were covered in blood. Beast Boy's blood. The green Titan began to feel nauseous.

"Okay B.B." Cyborg wiped his hands off on a nearby towel. "You're leg's set. Now you just have to wait for it to heal."

"Thanks Cy," Beast Boy replied. He glanced over to where Starfire was tending to an unconscious Raven. Cyborg followed his friend's line of vision, and sighed sadly. "Is she going to be okay?" Beast Boy's voice quivered slightly as he asked this.

"I don't know B.B." Cyborg admitted. "Her vitals are pretty weak." Beast Boy's large green ears drooped. "I can't believe she did that," he murmured.

His deep green eyes lowered to his bare hands. Cyborg frowned."Man, when are you going to get it through your head that Terra betrayed us?" Cyborg asked in exasperation.

Beast Boy's eyes shot up and the angry tears in them took Cyborg aback."Dude, I know Terra betrayed us!" he exclaimed. "Don't you think I feel bad enough about that as it is?" Cyborg's one human eye blinked.

"I wasn't talking about Terra! If Raven hadn't taken away her powers, Terra could have destroyed us.""Then what's the problem?" Cyborg crossed his massive arms in front of his chest."Dude, the problem is that Raven knew that she was still weak," Beast Boy replied icily.

"And she must have known that draining Terra's power would take a lot of energy. But she did it anyway." Beast Boy's fists clenched, and his shoulders began to shake.

Finally he let out an anguished sob, and covered his face in his hands. "She could die Cy!" He cried through his hands. "And it's all my fault!""B.B. it's not your fault," Cyborg argued.

"You didn't tell Terra to betray us again. She chose to do that.""Because of me!" Beast Boy shouted. "Terra set Raven up. She knew Raven didn't trust her, so she struck a deal with Slade. She told him that we were going on a date, knowing that Raven would follow us.

Slade would attack us, and she would take the hit. Then Terra would make it seem like Slade had the power to create an earthquake and avalanche to kill Raven.

But she didn't count on one thing. Me. She was convinced that I would stay with her instead of going to help Raven. When I chose to help Raven, she thought that I was dead so she came back here to deactivate the security systems and destroy the rest of you."

Cyborg let out a long whistle."It's still not your fault," the robotic Titan said at length. "You didn't tell her to go to Slade in the first place. She did that on her own."

"I know," Beast Boy muttered. "But I still feel responsible. If Raven dies..." He choked back a sob. "I don't know how I'll live with myself." For a few moments, Beast Boy sobbed quietly."This is Raven man," Cyborg tried to console the anguished Titan. "She's tough. I'm sure she'll be fine."

 He gave Beast Boy's shoulder a squeeze and left the hospital wing. The Boy Wonder and Starfire were waiting anxiously in the hall."How's he doing?" Robin asked. Cyborg sighed."Not good," he replied.

"His leg will heal though yes?" Starfire inquired. Cyborg nodded. "Then he will be okay?""I don't know Star," Cyborg sighed. "The little guy's really beating himself up over this whole thing." Starfire gasped in horror."He must be restrained!" she cried and floated towards the door.