16) Healing a Broken Heart

Beast Boy closed the door to his room, and slid down to the ground. His floor was cold against his bare feet, but he didn't really notice.  Subconsciously, Beast Boy reached up and touched his lips.

They were still warm from having been pressed against Raven's.

Beast Boy couldn't believe it. He had kissed Raven. Granted, he had been extremely worried about her. Worried enough that he hadn't wanted to leave her side even to eat.

He doubted that he would have reacted the same if it had been Starfire. The green Titan smiled slightly at the thought that Robin probably would have killed him if he did.

Beast Boy reflected that his feelings for Raven were different from his feelings for Starfire. They were both close to him, and he cared about them. But Raven was somehow different.

It wasn't just that Starfire's heart belonged to Robin, it was that Beast Boy felt something different for Raven. Something deeper. The green Titan frowned at his train of thought. He had feelings for Raven, that much he knew. But the nature of his feelings escaped him.

He wanted more than anything to see her happy, to see her smile. He wanted to be there for her, to be a shoulder for her to cry on. He wanted her to know that she wasn't alone.

Subconsciously, Beast Boy touched his lips again. He had never kissed anyone before. Not even Terra, the girl he supposedly loved. That had been his first real kiss. And it had been with Raven. And she hadn't killed him, or broken anything. Beast Boy closed his eyes.

He found himself wondering what it would be like to really kiss her. His eyes flew open, and he jumped up with a start. Kissing Raven because he was relieved to see that she was all right was one thing, but just kissing her for the sake of kissing her was something completely different.

Beast Boy couldn't believe that he was having these thoughts. But no matter what he did, the thought of Raven's lips pressed against his took his breath away. He was haunted by it.

He had tasted the forbidden fruit. He limped over to his closet, and fished out a spare costume. Even as he stripped off the torn remnants of his current costume, Beast Boy couldn't stop thinking about Raven.

He pulled on a new costume, and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. There were bags under his eyes, and he could feel his ribs. He mentally counted how many days he had stayed with her in the hospital wing.

His eyes widened as he realized that he had been in there for two weeks without food, water, or a decent night's sleep. As if on cue, his stomach growled loudly.

Beast Boy made his way to his door, and then stopped. He wondered how Raven would react to him. He had kissed her after all. Beast Boy pondered for a moment.

He didn't regret kissing her for a moment. In fact, if given the choice again, he would do it again. He just hoped that his actions wouldn't put a strain on their friendship. Taking a deep breath, Beast Boy opened his door, and made his way down the hallway.

Beast Boy stopped outside of the Titan's living room. He tried to go in, but found that he couldn't. Sighing, he exited the tower.

The green Titan shuffled along until he reached his destination. A diner with a neon sign reading 'Ben's.' Beast Boy opened the doors, and walked in. He sat down at the large counter, and waited quietly for the waitress. Finally a middle-aged woman in glasses approached him.