13) Last Heroes Standing

Terra staggered to her feet and watched as Beast Boy tried to free himself from the boulder he was trapped under. She turned and spat some blood out of her mouth onto the ground.

She was still shaken from her near-death experience. Beast Boy had been only inches away from killing her. That was a side of him that she didn't know. That beast was something she had never seen. The Beast was something purely primal.

Terra smirked. Even the primal side of Beast Boy had a soft spot for her. His main goal seemed to have been to protect Raven. Terra felt a pang of jealousy.

This primal instinct had never been unlocked when she had been in danger. She scowled and clenched her fists. Obviously Beast Boy's affection for Raven had developed after Terra had been turned into a statue.

She couldn't even imagine how this had happened, but obviously it had. Raven had stolen Beast Boy from her. His loyalty should have remained to her, not to the witch. He didn't love Raven. He couldn't.

Tears of rage blurred Terra's vision. She looked back over at Beast Boy who was still trying to get free of the boulder. He looked over at Raven, gritted his teeth and pulled.

His fingers dug into the cement, and his arms strained. The concrete bit into his flesh, drawing blood. Terra shook her head in dismay. He was still trying to get to the witch.

Beast Boy managed to wriggle out from underneath the boulder. He shifted his weight, and the boulder shifted, wobbled precariously, and then crashed down onto his leg. Beast Boy screamed in pain as he felt the bone shatter.

A sour taste rose up in his throat, and for a moment he thought he was going to be sick. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to will away the pain. Beast Boy re-opened his eyes, and looked over his shoulder at the boulder crushing his leg.

Biting his lip, he dug his fingers into the cement, and pulled his body foreword. Pain seared through his leg, and Beast Boy could taste blood in his mouth. He was biting his lip so hard that it was bleeding.

With a final tug, he was free of the boulder. Beast Boy panted raggedly, and glanced over at Terra. The blue eyed girl was dumbfounded, her mouth hanging open in shock.

Beast Boy forced himself up onto his hands and knees, and crawled across the roof to where Raven lay, still unconscious, his broken leg dragging uselessly behind him.

Terra watched this in utter disbelief. The bone of Beast Boy's broken leg was actually protruding through his flesh, blood running down his tattered costume. She watched as Beast Boy reached Raven's side.

The concern on his face drove a knife into Terra's heart. He leaned forward, pressing his ear to Raven's upper chest. Seeing the two of them so close enraged Terra.

Even though she knew that Beast Boy was only checking to see if Raven was still alive, he was awfully close to her. His ear and cheek were pressed against Raven's skin.

His eyes were closed, but if they had been open, it wouldn't have been hard for him to look directly down the tattered remains of Raven's costume. He could easily have seen her ample grey curves.

Terra knew that Beast Boy would never do that on purpose, but it could happen accidentally. Beast Boy pulled away from Raven, and looked down at her.