10) Revelations

Beast Boy gently laid Raven down onto the bed in the hospital wing. The monitors flickered to life. Beast Boy waited beside the bed. For a few minutes, nothing happened.

Beast Boy's ears drooped, and he lowered his eyes. He glanced up and his heart leapt as Raven slowly levitated off of the bed. Beast Boy knew, from when The Beast had been first released, that when Raven levitated, it meant that she was trying to heal herself.

This at least meant that she wasn't in a coma.

Beast Boy shivered. He had forgotten that his costume was in the state that it was. He wanted to go change, but he didn't really want to leave Raven alone by herself. He studied her vitals.

They seemed strong and stable, and there was always the security system if someone tried to break in. Feeling slightly more at ease, Beast Boy left the room. He began to walk down the hallway, his bare feet making no sound.

"Beast Boy!" he turned just in time to see Terra running towards him. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. Beast Boy winced, and flinched as his cracked ribs shifted under her grip.

Realizing that she was hurting him, Terra quickly pulled away. Grateful tears were streaming down her face. "Thank goodness you're all right!" She exclaimed. "I thought you were dead!"

"I'm okay," Beast Boy replied, but he winced slightly. Breathing hurt. "What happened after we fell into the chasm?"

"Slade just hit me aside and said 'Until next time dear child'," Terra repeated her lie. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "How could you leave me to face him alone Beast Boy?"

"I had to make a choice Terra," Beast Boy frowned. "It was either let you face Slade, or let Raven die." Terra lowered her eyes so that Beast Boy wouldn't see the hatred in them. "No matter what my feelings for you are, I couldn't just sit by and watch Raven die. She's my friend, and that's what friends do. They help each other."

"You could have been killed!" Terra exclaimed. Tears began to run down her face again. This was not an act. Though she was stalling for time.

She had already deactivated the security systems in the tower, now all she had to do was keep the Titans occupied while Slade's minions took care of the witch.

"I know," Beast Boy replied softly. "But I was willing to take the chance that I could save her. Even if it meant giving up my life for hers." Terra gaped at him. He regarded her quietly for a moment.

"What would you have done?" Terra smirked inwardly, reflecting that she would have let Raven die so that she could have Beast Boy all to herself. Of course she didn't say this out loud.

"You don't know how scared I was!" she said at length. "It was horrible!""I'm sorry," Beast Boy apologized softly. He lowered his eyes to the ground.

Given the choice again however, he still would have chosen Raven. Her situation had been more life-threatening.

"I felt so helpless!" Terra exclaimed. "First the rocks and then the earthquake. There was nothing I could do." Beast Boy took the trembling blonde into his arms and held her close to him.

He reasoned that it must have been horrible for her to have had to watch those rocks fall on him and Raven, not to mention the earthquake, and not be able to do anything about it. As he held her, a thought came to him.