11) Primal Instinct

Terra stood with her mouth hanging open. Her blue eyes were filled with dismay. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. She must have misheard.

"Wh – what did you say?" Terra wanted to hear it from him that she had misheard. Beast Boy stood a few paces away from her. His fists were clenched and angry tears occasionally ran down his cheeks.

"I said 'You are going to have to go through me to get to her,'" Beast Boy replied. Terra couldn't, and didn't want to, believe that he was serious. The young man stood his ground. Terra glared at him, her blonde hair falling in front of her face.

"Fine," she said. Her eyes and hands glowed yellow, and she raised her glowing hands into the air. Before Beast Boy could react, a giant boulder smashed into him, and sent him flying into a crowd of Slade-bots. Terra smirked.

She knew that Beast Boy's animal forms were powerful, but the sheer number of Slade's minions would prevent him from interfering.

She made her way over to Raven's unconscious form. A blast of green energy knocked her down, and within moments she was being pinned to the ground by Starfire. The alien's green eyes were smouldering angrily.

"How could you do this Terra?" she asked. "I thought you were our friend." Terra's eyes glowed yellow again, and she hurled a boulder at Starfire.

The alien was thrown to the ground, but quickly recovered, and hurtled towards the blonde pelting her with star-bolts. Terra created a barrier, but Starfire's continuous attack finally broke through and sent the blonde flying.

Starfire floated towards her, fists encased in green energy. Before she could attack, Starfire was tackled by a group of Slade-bots. Terra got up and calmly walked towards the scene. Starfire was struggling with the sheer amount of robots.

"You thought wrong," she finally answered Starfire's question. She looked over towards Beast Boy. He was in his Tyrannosaurus Rex form, and sweeping the sea of robots away, but more kept on coming.

The green dinosaur let out a bellowing roar of frustration. Terra smiled, she knew that his Tyrannosaurus form was one of his most powerful, if not his most powerful, forms. If he could not get through the robots in that form, then there was nothing to worry about.

The sound of Cyborg's sonic cannon caught Terra's attention. Like Starfire and Beast Boy, he was overwhelmed with Slade-bots. With Raven unconscious, there was only one Titan left.

As if on cue, one of Robin's bird-a-rang's knocked Terra off of her feet. The Titan's leader nimbly caught it and made his way towards her. Terra scrambled to her feet, and prepared to face the Boy Wonder.

"You don't have to do this Terra," he said as he advanced towards her. Terra smirked."Oh I think I do," she replied, and hurled a rock at him with all of her might. Robin nimbly leapt onto, and over the boulder, and dropped down in front of her."You still have a choice Terra," said Robin. "You don't have to fight for Slade. You don't have to be his apprentice."

"What if I want to be?" she asked him. "As you said, it's my choice. I'm not like you Robin. I'm not afraid of turning into Slade." The eyes of Robin's mask narrowed, and his fists clenched.

Slade had once taught her to feed on people's weaknesses, and she had just found the weakness of the Boy Wonder. "That's the real reason you're so obsessed with locking him away." She said. "You're afraid of people discovering just how similar the two of you are.

You're afraid that one day the line that separates you from Slade will no longer be existent. You're afraid of yourself Robin. The potential that you have of being the very thing that you swore to destroy."