Chapter 6 Thirteen, Fifteen, Dead

One day passed, two, than three with no sign of Ari.
Besides Ari's absences everything was the same as it had been.
Ivy went for her 'treatment' everyday with Victor, she ignored Kit and counted.
Kit had left Ivy alone, not talking to her but by the third day she was done letting Ivy feel sorry for herself.
"Who cares about lover boy anyways?
You could do way better."
Ivy gave Kit a look from cross in her cell like 'what do you mean? there isn't many options while being a prisoner.'
"Fair enough", Kit said.
Ivy just rolled her eyes.
By day six Ivy could feel herself slipping.
Without Ari she had lost her tether, the person fae or not who had been keeping her sane.
Kit had seemed to realize it to because she had been treating Ivy like she was made of glass.
Which of course only irritated Ivy.
Until one day, maybe day seven or eight without Ari Kit had said, "what gives?"
Ivy moved her dead eyes from a spot on her back cell wall to Kit's cold amber ones,
"what gives with the compass? I've wanted to ask you about it since I first met you."
The compass she had stolen from the rabbit fae Nivens, the whole reason she was locked up.
That's exactly what she had told Kit.
"Why didn't Finn take it away from you?"
Had been Kit's reply.
"I don't know", had been Ivy's.
"This is bad. Real bad! Finn wouldn't let you have that", Kit said gesturing at the compass that was slightly in her line of slight. "Unless it was corrupted or dangerous!"
The fact Ivy hadn't even considered the fact the compass could be 'dangerous' was probably another sign she was more than suicidal.
"Give it to me!" Kit demanded!
"What?!" It was Ivy's and Ivy wasn't to give it up!
"I should have asked you earlier about it, throw it to me through the bars and even if it doesn't go through my cell bars at least you'll be rid of it!"
"No." Ivy wasn't giving up that compass.
"When something bad happens regarding it don't say I didn't warn you."
Kit had been right. Right in her fear of the compass looking watch.

Two weeks.
Ari hadn't gone back to the dungeon in two weeks.
He had intended to keep Ivy's wish, of never seeing her again.
After all that's the least he could do, but after two weeks he found himself going to meet Ivy.
He had been expecting her wrath which he didn't care about.
He just wanted a look at her, to make sure was okay.
At least that's what he told himself anyways.
Instead he was met with Ivy's overcoming happiness and regret.
"Ari?" Ivy thought she had been hallucinating or maybe dead.
Over two weeks in hell would make anyone lose trust in them self when it came to what they were seeing.
"It's me", Ari said with uncertainty.
A deep sob came lose within Ivy's chest.
"God dammit", Kit murmured which earned a death glare from Ari.
"I'm sorry, I was just so mad. I... I need you."
Ivy was so broken in so many ways, the fact that she needed Ari was just one.
"Why are you sorry? He's the arsehole who lied about the fact he was fae." Ivy and Ari had gone quite at Kit's comment.
"I was wrong to judge you but you have to understand the stories... the things I've seen fae do..." Ivy didn't know how to communicate her concerns without out right saying she hated what he and Kit were.
"It's okay Ivy, I understand", Ari hadn't understood the half of it.
He knew nothing of the real world apart from his glass house he lived in.
Ivy gave a sad smile, "you must promise to never leave me."
"Only if you promise to never swear me off", Ari had said with an equally sad smile.
"It's a deal than", Ivy said. Ari had nodded once.
"I'm glad you lot have forgiven each other.
I've been getting tried of suicidal Ivy", no one laughed at Kit's joke.
Not even Kit, probably because there had been a little too much truth behind it.
Ivy had always been very depressed, but with Ari around she hadn't felt so gone.

One Ari's nightly visits Ivy had asked him to come during the day.
She had wanted to see his face, the face of her friend.
Ari's first instinct was to refuse, he looked very fae, too fae.
However, he wanted to turn over a new leaf with Ivy, which had been the deciding factor in his, "yes."

A routine was established.
Ivy would wake and talk to Kit, they would eat breakfast, after breakfast Ivy went for her 'treatment' than when Ivy came back Kit would scream and call Finn every terrible name in the book and finally Ari would visit and Ivy would fall asleep.
Ari hadn't showed his face to Ivy, she would ask every night and every night he would say, "soon."