Chapter 22 The Dead Can't Scream

Victor's head had only rolled off Victor's body twice, which was pretty much a win.
They had to stop both times in order to place Victors head back on his chest.
The first time Victor's head had rolled it had rolled towards Nik and he had caught it before the the head had hit the ground.
The second time they hadn't been so lucky.
The second time Victor's head had rolled down Victor's body and fell on the ground before Morris could stop it.
Victor's head had made a gross wet noise from the impact but thankfully the head had landed on the side which meant there was hardly any more blood to clean.
Morris had picked up Victor's head and placed it once again on Victor's body.

Morris and Nik had successfully made it out of the House Of Madness and the palace with a mostly intact Victor.
"Where are we going to bury him?"
They couldn't burry him with how he currently was.
That seemed like common sense to Nik but being 'smart', wasn't something successful politician's needed.
"We can't burry him, someone would be able to smell him.
Especially the more he decays."
"So what do we do with him?"
"We take him somewhere, light him on fire than scatter his ashes a million different places."
"That sounds like a lot of work", 'work' wasn't really something Morris liked much.
He had people, (lower fae), for that.

"What are you doing?" Nik asked as Morris started to move Victor's body by hand.
"We're out of the House Of Madness we can use magic."
"Right", 'the sooner this is over the sooner I can leave'.
There weren't many fae more powerful than Morris but he knew he was no match for Nik.
Nik did a simple levitation spell and he lead the way to a dark ally that fed into to a forest.
The same forest Alice went into and never came out of.
The forest was where him and Morris could dispose of Victor's body.
The ally was too small, as a result Victor may have hit one of his shoulders on the side of a building.
Because of the impact, his head went flying off his chest.
"Bloody hell", Nik mumbled. In all the times he had disposed of a body it hasn't ever been this difficult.
Thankfully all Nik had to do was use the same levitation spell to make Victor's head float.

They made it deep into the forest when Nik decided they were in a good enough spot to dispose of Victor.
Nik hadn't told Morris, instead he just dropped the levitation spell and Victor fell with a 'thunk.'
Clearly trying to fly under the radar or be quiet was over.
"Start digging", together they used their magic to make a very deep hole.
When Nik was satisfied he picked Victor once again with the levitation spell and dropped him in.
"I thought we were going to burn him?" Nik had said something similar, earlier to Morris.
"I will", Nik said as he murmured "ardeat!"

He screamed a loud cry, being lit on fire would have anyone react that way.
The dead couldn't scream.
Nik had every intention of lightning someone on fire, it had been Morris's mistake to assume he had been talking about Victor.