Chapter 26 Tweedledee And Tweedle Dumb

Chessler had woken up about five minutes after  trying to poison the new king of SkyWood.
Much to Alice's dismay everyone moved on, no one cared that a rich business man just tried and failed at committing murder.

Alice had been given her first task, she was to steal a pair of ruby earrings from a beautiful flamingo fae woman.
It was no easy task, especially because Alice could tell the flamingo fae women wasn't just animal fae.
She definitely had mythical fae in her, which was an extra challenge in itself.
The only good thing was there was no rush.
Unlike last time she stole something from a fae person, (Chessler) she didn't need to acquire it before a certain time.
She had all night and maybe until morning to steal the earrings.
Bottom line was she had until the end of the party to get the ruby earrings.

Terrett was more than bored.
Partying was something he knew how to do well but for the life of him this party was more than a bore.
He needed to find a way to spice it up.
Or else the other guests would surely feel the same as him.
Once the novelty of being at the royal palace wore off.
The question was, what?
What could he do to add some fun to this bore of an event?
Terrett had time to decide but first he would calm Nivens.
Nivens and Terrett both knew Alice was in Nik's custody.
They knew this because Nik himself had told them the exact moment Alice was out of the House Of Madness.
That she would be living with him in the palace.
They had very different reactions, Terrett smiled but Nivens was filled with anger.
He wanted his baby girl to live with them!
Not with Nik!
But in the end he had slightly relaxed once Nik explained she would be working for him as a spy.
She was only there to work.
That's the only thing along with the fact that Nik told him and Terrett directly about Alice's safety that held Nivens back from going after Alice.
However, Nivens was far from happy.
He had been expecting Alice to reach out to him and tell him herself that she was safe.
It had been two days and she hadn't told him.
Hence why Terrett needed to calm him down.
Because when Nivens saw Alice at the party, he was ready to rip one into her; rightfully so.

Nik and Alice had gone their separate ways.
Nik hadn't wanted to, but he needed to mingle and Alice still stood out, since she was human.
Alice needed to get away from Nik if she had any chance of going unnoticed and stealing the ruby earrings from her victim.

Kit had been looking for Alice and when she eventually found her she had to wait for her to leave Nik's side.
Not because she couldn't go up to Nik, her and Nik were well off acquaintances.
Instead because Nik was always talking to someone with Alice on his arm.
So when the opportunity arose Kit left Zade and went right for Alice.
Alice who she was a little pissed at since she had to hear from her uncles that she was safe and not in the House Of Madness anymore.
Kit saw Alice meet her eyes and watched as Alice turned away.
This had Kit very pissed, "I saw you", she said as she chased Alice down.
Kit could of caught up to Alice in a second but she wanted Alice to feel afraid of her wrath.
"I've been playing stupid.
Waiting for you to tell me about your new life so imagine my surprise when I see you at the boutique and you still don't tell me!"
Alice knew she had fucked up, "I wanted to tell you but..."
Alice had hoped Kit would drop it, it was Kit she was dealing with so of course she hadn't.
"But what? I'm your best friend god-damnit!"
"I felt.."
"You felt what?" Kit was only getting angrier by the second.
"Embarrassed! Okay! I felt embarrassed at the deal I made with Nik! It was stupid and I only did it because I thought he would kill all the other prisoners in the House Of Madness!"
"What? Why would he kill any prisoners in the House Of Madness?"
'Was Kit dense?' "Because he's Nik! He's evil, he's if satan was a person!"
Kit squinted her eyes, "so you were embarrassed to tell me. So much that you were willing to have me continue to think you were living in the House OF MADNESS!"
"Okay, when you say it like that it sounds bad."
Alice realized how selfish not telling her family was.
"Maybe because it is bad!"
Kit had lowered her voice the smallest bit since now some people were staring.
"I'm sorry", Alice genuinely was.
Kit's face relaxed, "lucky for you I leave shite in the past and I missed you too much to be mad at you any longer."
Alice smiled, she really had missed Kit.
"Now, tell me why you keep staring at that flamingo woman."