Chapter 17 Ignorance Is Bliss

"Why is it here?!"
Ivy watched as Nivens gave a weak smile, "I swear I tried to find her a home but humans are so vicious!
Way more vicious than the last time I encountered them!
I couldn't find it in myself to leave her with them!"
Terrett sighed, "we can't keep her."
"Why not?" Nivens asked.
Terrett's eyebrows shot up, "what do you mean, 'why not!' She's human and we're fae! Not to mention we don't have the requirements to raise it!"
Nivens had ignored the the comment about them being a different species from the baby, "first of all, it's not a 'it', it's a baby.
Second of all, what are the requirements to raise a baby?"
Terrett hesitated, "I don't know. I know what a fae baby needs but humans are so fragile as it is! A baby is an entirely didn't ballpark!"
"It seems easy to me. Babies need; food, shelter, and most importantly love.
All things we can provide," Nivens pleaded.
"I've been different ever since..."
Terrett hadn't needed to say anything, Nivens had known he was talking about how he had been different after his time in the House Of Madness.
"Family, love, hope it conquers all.
This baby is our chance at all those things!"
Terrett wasn't convinced, "I can't take care of myself let alone a baby.
You have a full time job, I'm sorry Nivens but I don't see a way this can work out."
"I'll quit."
Terrett was more than surprised, "but you love your job."
"Not as much as I love you. Not as much as I love this baby."
It had been decided than, Alice the human baby was here to stay.

Ivy wished she was dead.
The dreams were getting more vivid.
Watching these scenes play out while she was there was becoming too much.
Each dream was more detailed, real and clearer than the last.
Ivy knew if the dreams continued she would be begging Finn and Victor for death by the end of the month.

Finn was unsurprised to find Ivy back in her cell.
He was equally unsurprised that Victor hadn't notified him that she was back.

Paranoid.
Finn was paranoid that Victor had known somehow that he had helped in an attempt to get queen Hestia and king Tyrus off the throne.
Victor was mad but even mad he was patient.
If he knew anything of Finn's betrayal against the throne, he would wait until the exact right moment to expose him.
Finn knew this and wasn't just paranoid, he was terrified.

Victor had just finished with his last patient of the day.
While his last patient who he didn't consider a  pet.
Really, it didn't who Victor considered a pet.
In the end everyone got 'treatment' but pets got special treatment.
It was Ivy who was in dire need for treatment and Victor would deliver.

Ivy had been minding her business, counting in her head when she heard footsteps.
"I'm here to collect you", a bored Finn said.
"No."
"Ivy, don't make this more difficult than it has to be.
Don't make me use my strength, besides, you being late will only make him mad."
"You don't understand. My brain feels like it had been fried."
Finn had realized Ivy wasn't nearly as afraid of him as she should be.
"I don't care, one more dead human doesn't impact me in the slightest."
Ivy hadn't missed a beat, "He'll kill you if anything happens to me.
Maybe not right away but he will, they both will."
Finn had assumed she was talking about what Ari would do if he found out he killed her.
Ivy hadn't been talking about Ari.
Finn had enough, he opened Ivy's cell and was surprised when she struck him, a clear smack right across the face.
Finn was never good at controlling his temper, he struck her back right across the face and grabbed her by the hair.
Ivy could taste blood, but in a way the physical pain from Finn's hit was a gift.
It had given her something to focus on besides what was to come.

Victor had been getting the equipment ready that was needed to perform Ivy's shock therapy when he smelled blood.
Human blood.
"Here", Finn said as he pushed Ivy into her own personal hell.
Victor took in Ivy's messed up hair and split lip, "what happened?"
Finn knew he fucked up, "she hit me."
Victor was breathing fast, "so you hit her back?"
There was no point in denying it, "yes, I would hit anymore back who dare struck me."
There was a challenge behind Finn's words, he was an enforcer.
It was his job to only guard but enforce rules, if any other prisoner had hit him, would Victor would have said nothing.
Finn wanted Victor to admit that Ivy was different, that she was not to be touched because she was his 'special pet.'
Victor knew what Finn had been after, he hadn't said anything put instead he walked over to a long table and picked up a scalpel.
He threw the scalpel right at Finn's left eye, "leave before I throw another one in the other eye."
Finn ran out of the room, Finn was stronger than Victor but Victor had the queen on his side.
Finn knew if he killed Victor he would be signing his own death sentence.
It had taken everything in Ivy not to laugh because she had won.
She had hit Finn as a test to see what Victor would do.
Victor's outburst at Finn proved two things, one Victor cared for her at least more than Finn and two, Ivy could use his care against him to turn him and Finn against each other.