Chapter 7  Wicked Prince 

With less than twenty four hours until Kit's trial things were tense to say the very least.
Ari knew that if Kit died things between Ivy and him would never be the same.
With only his best interest in mind and no other options he had gone to the one fae that could save Kit.

Ivy was counting than stopped when she saw the coldest eyes sliver fill with recognition, she'd ever seen looking back at her.
"So your the little human who has my brother all crazed", said a very deep posh voice.
He was beautiful.
Not remotely fae looking, the only thing that gave him away was the fact he was exceptionally beautiful and his large black horns.
Him not looking animal like was bad, because if he wasn't an animal fae that meant he was high fae.
And this guy was definitely fae, he was too beautiful not to be.
"Stop bothering her Nik! You're here for me aren't you? You're here to say goodbye to your bestie!" Kit had said with enough glee to match her cheshire smile.
Nik. The handsome man's name was Nik.
Nik smiled a smile so beautiful it was devastating, "First off, if I knew you were here I would have come by, but Aristotle was always a secretive little shite and secondly, you're too stubborn to die."
Kit laughed a beautiful laugh as the wickedly handsome fae man Nik moved in front of her cell.
Nik dropped his smile as he took her in, "you don't look so good and before I thought you were to skinny... now you're-"
"sickly looking", Kit had supplied.
Nik hadn't said anything but he most definitely had agreed.
There was a silence for only a second until the Nik had said, "Really? Making human friends? Don't you think that's below you?"
Kit smiled again, "in case you haven't noticed there isn't exactly a lot of options.
Even if there was, there would be no one better than Ivy."
Ivy felt herself smile.
"I-v-y", Nik's cold curious eyes were back on hers.
"Ivy is your name?"
Ivy was nervous, he was very intense and when Ivy got nervous she couldn't speak so she had nodded instead.
"Is she mute?" Nik asked Kit not unkindly.
"No. She probably just doesn't like you", Kit had said with a sly grin.
Nik than walked back to Ivy's cell and with a smile he had introduced himself.
"My name is Nikolai but you can call me Nik.
I am the eldest prince of Skywood and It is a pleasure to meet a friend of Ari's and Kit's."
Kit had growled at the mention of Ari's name, Nik's smile hadn't wavered.
Ivy took a deep breath, she tried to talk but no words came out.
She tired to talk again but the same thing had happened, she tried a third time and finally she introduced her, "my name is Ivy and I'm a criminal."
Nik had been so shocked that the timid little human with doe eyes introduced herself as a criminal he had actually laughed.
Ivy felt herself blush, she was embarrassed, 'did I stutter?' she had wondered.
Nik realized the human, Ivy was embarrassed because she'd thought he was laughing at her, "my dearest apologies love. You just surprised me that's all, it's not everyday I meet a human who introduces them self as a criminal."
Ivy had felt relieved that he hadn't been laughing at her.
Once Ivy felt more at ease she replayed the conversation, "your a prince?" It was out of Ivy's mouth before she could take it back.
"Yes. I am the oldest prince of Skywood", Nik had replied with unease.
He didn't like saying his title and he instantly regretted introducing himself with it.
He could only guess the terrible things Ivy was thinking about him.
After all he had come from a system that given him everything and one that had given her nothing.
He knew she had every right to hate him.
Ivy didn't hate him, she just hated what he was.
Not because he didn't deserve it, after all he wasn't just fae he was a prince. A fae prince.
Ivy could only imagine the treacherous things he had done in his long life.
She hadn't hated him because it took too much effort to hate someone.
Ivy already hated Finn, Victor and the guard that brought her into the prison.
There simply wasn't any room in her heart to hate anyone else.
Another thought had come to Ivy's head, "you can't be a prince of Skywood because Ari is." Nik's dark eyebrows went slightly up, "Ari and I are brothers."
Ivy really should have known.
All the evidence was there, they had the same prominent nose, arched thick eyebrows, full pink lips that surround sharp teeth.