Chapter 11 The Voices

It had been three years of Kit and Ivy living with Terrett and Nivens.
Time passed funny, where they were.
Nik and Ari both came to visit, Nik made it so Ari would forget where they were after every visit so he couldn't visit Ivy alone nor could he tell anyone where they were because he couldn't remember.
This had irritated Ari to no end.
Nik had spent at least a day with them the three years in a row in order to fill that part of the deal.
No one knew how Nik could get the time off from his royal duties, but nonetheless he always came to them instead of making Ivy spend a day out of every year with him.
Ivy still didn't like Nik, he couldn't be trusted but he wasn't as bad as she'd initially thought.
As far as progress, Ivy had learned that the compass was something Nivens had found in a antique shop and decided he needed.
Nivens spoke of the compass like it was a prized jewel, he only had for a short time before Ivy had stolen it from him.
Hence the whole reason she had been put in The House Of Madness.
The biggest change in the last three years wasn't how Ivy was now sixteen and looked like a woman more and more each day.
The biggest change was Ivy had a family again,
over the last three years, Terrett, Nivens and Kit had become her purpose and the reason she lived, the reason she was no longer alone.

Back at The House Of Madness,
Victor and Finn still resigned there.
To say the least, it had been a productive three years for the both of them.
Victor had gotten more callous and vicious with the 'treatment' he prescribed.
While, Finn contemplated suicide numerous times a day since his twenty seven transfer requests had been denied.

The Rocky Hotel was thriving, with much effort Zade had eventually forgiven Ember for putting Kit's life a risk.
Zade hadn't given a crap about Ivy because she was just another mortal, but when it came to Kit he cared. Too much, he found himself thinking of her when he shouldn't and found himself missing her.
As far as Ember went nothing had really changed for her over the three years, she still ran the most successful haven hotel in all of SkyWood.
The only difference was she had listen to Nik and taken off the hidden, not so hidden hotel sign.

"When we go into the city with the solstice coming up only take money, there are too many visitors visiting from other courts who care about their jewels too much."
Terrett said.
There might have been one other small change in the last three years, Ivy had become a big time pickpocket.
Unlike, when she first stole the compass from Nivens.
With Terrett's and Kit's help even as a human she could successfully steal almost anything without being noticed.
Over the last three years, she had learned many tricks and loved the rush of taking from fae.

Magic was useless when it came to money. Money was spelled by the queen and king so it could not be faked.
Without Terrett being able to turn a pinecone into a hundred dollars, Terrett saw no other choice but to steal.
Of course he could have gotten a job like everyone else including Nivens,(hence was Nivens was always late) but that wasn't his style.
Let this be a lesson people (fae) never really change, Terrett, Kit and Ivy were all put in The House Of Madness for stealing yet as soon as they're given a second chance they go right back to stealing.
Technically Kit had been put into The House Of Madness for killing someone but she had killed them when he tried to kill her because she had stolen from him.
Let that prove everyone is a villain in someone else's story.

Nivens didn't like that his family stole, not because it went against any of his values per say but instead because he thought it was too dangerous.
Nivens made enough money at his day job to support them but Terrett had elaborate expensive tastes when it can to fashion and things.
The harsh truth was, even if Nivens made all the money in the world, his family would still steal because they loved it that much.
The only thing Terrett loved more than lavish clothing and things was Nivens.
If Nivens ever asked Terrett to choose, between him or a life of petty crime and things, Terrett would give it all up for him.
If Terrett ever asked anything of Nivens, he would do it regardless of the consequences.
A love like there's was as rare as finding as thousand four leaf clovers.
Nivens and Terrett both knew this, and loved one another enough that Nivens never asked Terrett to stop stealing and Terrett never asked Nivens to quit his day job to spend more time with him.
A secret truth that only Nivens, Terrett and Nik knew was that Nik had been sending money over.
Yet they still chose to steal, may the future be an example of what happens when one gets too greedy.