Chapter 30 Birthday

"I remember jumping into a fire, being stepped through the heart with an iron sword, being killed by Victor and my head being used as a croquet ball."
"How did you remember?" Ari knew how she suddenly remembered but he needed confirmation.
Alice didn't see how she remembered was relevant.
She had expected Ari to beg for forgiveness, apologize profusely not ask how she knew.
Her silence had been an answer to Ari.
"I'LL KILL HIM!" Ari was raged.
"Can you quiet down, I'm trying to sleep."
"Ember?!" Alice called out in shock.
"Yes, I now resign here", Ember said in a voice of contempt.
"What? How?"
"DON'T CHANGE THE  SUBJECT! YOU TRUSTED NIK OVER ME! YOU INSTANTLY BELIEVED HIM!"
Alice moved her attention back to Ari, "ARE YOU SERIOUS MAD AT ME!? ARE YOU ACTUALLY TRYING TO BLAME ME AND NIK FOR  YOU  GETTING ME KILLED IN THE PAST!?"
"I only wish I had some popcorn", a happy Ember said.
"DON'T SAY MY BROTHERS NAME!"
"I DIED MANY TIMES AND THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY!?"
Ari smiled a crazed smile, "LET IT GO! YOU'RE ALIVE NOW AREN'T YOU?! BESIDES, IT WAS OVER SEVEN YEARS AGO!"
Alice was done, she had expected Ari to apologize or say something, anything to put her feelings at ease.
When he didn't it had been a wake up call for Alice.
Ari stormed back upstairs, the wake was now happening.
The palace was full of the upmost important fae in SkyWood.
Alice was done, she ran to her bedroom but right when she was about to go into her room she didn't.
She went across, to Nik's.

Nik turned in a flash, he knew it was Alice and he wondered why she was here.
He had expected she wanted to spend her birthday with Ari.
Her eighteenth birthday.
He waited for her to speak, when she didn't he broke the silence.
"What can I help you with?"
Alice gulped, "you said it was always me. What did you mean by that?"
Nik didn't hesitate, "you were always special to me.
I saw you as a little sister.
You were bright and full of light."
Alice looked at the cold stormy grey eyes, "do you still see me as a little sister?"
"No."
Alice walked towards Nik, "I lied."
Nik took the bait, "what did you lie about?"
"I hate him.
I don't forgive him even if it was years ago."
It was a struggle for Nik to speak since he could smell her lustful scent, "you don't have to. Forgive him."
Alice did something rash, something stupid.
She couldn't help it, she hadn't stopped thinking of the kiss they had shared almost two years ago.
She kissed him.
Nik broke the kiss and growled, "leave."
Alice felt embarrassed, 'of course he doesn't want to kiss you.'
Alice was more than embarrassed when she said, "I was going to break it anyways. It wasn't that good."
Nik smiled, "you think I stopped the kiss because it wasn't good."
He laughed a mocking laugh, "let me be clear. Crystal clear, I broke the kiss because I am giving you one chance to change your mind. One chance to pretend that didn't just happen. One chance to leave my room."
"And if I don't? If I don't want to leave your room what happens?"
Nik licked his pink lips, "I'll make you mine."
Nik waited a second, "I think it's time I give you your birthday gift."
Alice blushed, she had gotten gifts from Nivens, Terrett, Kit and occasionally Ari when he remembered but she had a feeling Nik's gift would be different.
"What is it?"
"Aren't we ever so curious", Nik said with a gleem in his eyes.
"I hate you." Alice needed to remind herself and tell Nik that whatever happened it wouldn't change that fact.
Nik grinned, "you will soon enough", Alice had almost missed the words because the next thing she knew his lips were on hers.
Cold mint.
Alice told herself to keep her mouth closer but that instantly went out the window when Nik's tongue pushed against her lips.
The kiss became kisses that became deeper, harder.
Alice couldn't think and for once she was glad.
Nik had grabbed her and the next thing she knew she was on his bed.
"Don't look at me like that.
You had your chance to back out."
Alice felt nervous, it wasn't like she was a virgin, Ari had made sure of that.
But she felt bad, she knew once she had sex with Nik nothing would be the same.
A fact that both excited and terrified her.
Nik ripped her black funeral dress right down the centre.
The noise caused Alice to flinch, "I'll get you another dress."
Same with the tights, except Nik ripped them right in the crotch.
Once Nik took Alice in only her undergarments he growled.
He had never imagined that one day Alice would be his.
He never let himself think that way but now he was.
The image of her as a child with chubby cheeks was long gone because now a woman was laying on his bed.
The bra went next.
Alice felt that it was unfair that he was still fully dressed in his funeral clothes.
A white button down, no tie, black slacks and dress shoes.
"Your turn", Alice said as she attempted to undress him.
"No. This isn't about me."
Alice opened her mouth to argue, desperately wanting to see him naked but before she could he kissed her neck.
Bit her neck was more accurate, Alice yelped.
He suddenly broke the half kiss half bite and brought his mouth to her ear.
"If you listen you will be rewarded."
Listening wasn't one of Alice's strong suits, "and if I don't?"
Nik didn't hesitate, "than you'll be punished."
Nik moved at fae speed and pulled her panties off.
Alice reached for his belt, desperate for him.
"No."
Alice was puzzled, Nik took in Alice's face, "like I said, it's about you."
Nik reached out and pulled Alice to the end of the bed.
He didn't ask, didn't wait for permission before he lowered his face to her slit.
He licked, long torturous strokes.
Alice had never experienced such a level of euphoria.
Pure bliss.
She didn't think it could get any better until he started sucking and kisses her clit.
Alice felt embarrassed but she couldn't find it in herself to care.
She didn't care that Nik was a murder.
A psychopath.
Ari's brother.
All she cared about was how he was making her feel.
High.
In that moment she understood why vices destroyed peoples life's.
It wasn't long until Alice was pulling at his thick dark locks and was begging for something she didn't understand.
"I got you, love."
"I need..."
"I know what you need."
Alice closed her eyes when she felt him gently bite her clit.
"Open your eyes."
Alice was close, she could hear Nik but all she cared about was reaching that high.
She knew that if he bite her again that would be it.
Alice felt the absence of Nik's mouth at once, "open your eyes!"
She did, she would of done anything Nik asked to feel his mouth on her again.
"That's a good girl."
Alice didn't care about being a 'good girl', she just wanted to feel that high.
Nik's mouth returned and it wasn't long until that feeling intensified.
Just as she predicted he bit her clit again and when he did, that's all it took for her to see stars.
Alice opened her mouth and wasn't prepared for what she saw Nik, the king of SkyWood on his knees for a human.
Nik the king of SkyWood with a swollen mouth.
He smiled a lazy satisfied grin, "too bad Ari wasn't here to take notes."
Gone.
The moment was gone.
Alice felt like shite.
She had cheated on Ari with no one other than his brother.
She needed to leave, but when she tried to get up to leave Nik pushed her back down.
"No. You are not going to see him. I forbid it."
He didn't compel her or raise his voice, but the message was clear; she was his.
"Relax, go to sleep."
"What about you?" Alice wasn't very experienced in how to get a guy off but she felt bad since she knew Nik hadn't cum.
"Don't worry about me, love.
I'm more than capable to take care of myself."
"So am I!"
Nik smiled, "glad to hear it."
Alice tried once more to leave, and go back to her room.
Nik had given her a look of death and Alice had to bite her lip to stop herself from smiling.
She liked that Nik wasn't kicking her out, but the reality was she just liked Nik.
Until she remembered what a monster he was.