Chapter 32 The Best People Are Crazy

Nik practically skipped to the House Of Madness.
He was a mentally deprived man, he briefly wondered whether or not he himself should be in the House Of Madness.

Alice felt terrible for cheating on Ari with Nik but he still hadn't apologized for killing her all those times, so who could really blame her?
She hadn't showered and she wondered if it made her petty that she wanted Ari to smell Nik's scent all over her.
Definitely petty.
They made it to the royal palace, it was destroyed but it's base was still attached.
"Stay close to me. This is worse than a fucking construction zone."
Way worse, Alice did what Nik asked, she stayed close to him.
They looked for the House Of Madness and were able to find it after about twenty minutes.
The House Of Madness was anxious and untrusting. It was trying to keep itself safe by hiding; Nik and Alice could both understand that.

"Do you think they're dead?"
Ember rolled her eyes, "this is why I can't stand you.
You're such a drama queen.
No I don't think anyone is dead."
Ari had taken a new hobby, talking to Ember.
She mostly ignored him but once and awhile, whenever Ari said something just a tad too stupid or privileged she would jump in.
"Someones coming."
"No one's coming, go back to sleep." Ember hissed.
"It's daylight. I only sleep at night."
"How do you know it's day?" Ember didn't really care but asked anyways.
"I just know."
Ember sighed, "you're a fucking tool, you know that right?"
"You're a mentally ill bitch." Ember hummed in agreement.
"I wasn't lying, someone is coming."
"You can't lie dumbass, you're fae."
Ari sighed, "yes I know that but I can lie by my own beliefs. I don't believe someone is coming, I know."
"Goody gum drops!" Ember sang.
"Fine! Go to sleep."

Alice knew this was a mistake and momentarily hesitated on the stairs wanting to go back.
She didn't want to face Ari.
"Come on, he knows you're here."
'Fuck,' Alice thought to herself.
It was too late to go back, that would just make her look weak.
Alice let Nik walk in front as they made their way to Ari's cell.
Ari was smiling until he wasn't.
He knew.
His sense of smell was extremely strong, probably his strongest gift.
Alice saw the moment he knew she fucked his brother because his eyes went animalistic.
"I'LL KILL YOU! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!"
Alice flinched, not because of the threat at Nik but because of the noise.
Alice didn't care for loud noise and his voice was the loudest thing she had ever heard.
"That's not very nice. Not to mention no way to speak to your brother."
"YOU AREN'T MY BROTHER YOU'RE A BASTARD!"
"How many times do I have to remind you? You're the bastard, not me."
Ari thrashed against his cell, "can all of you fuck off! I'm trying to sleep!"
"Hello Ember. How are you."
Ember didn't miss a beat, "I dislike you greatly but I would do anything to have you as my neighbour instead of your brother."
Nik walked over and gave Ember a sad smile, "he always was a little shite."
"AS SOON AS I GET OUT OF HERE I'M GOING TO  MAKE YOU PAY!"
Nik never lost his cool, "yes I know.
We've been over this. Besides aren't you going to ask why we're here? No of course not because you're an idiot who only thinks of himself." Nik said answering his own question.
"I SWEAR-"
"Stop!" Alice couldn't deal with the yelling anymore.
"What happened or what didn't between me and your brother is none of your business!
You have no right throwing a fit after everything you've put me through!"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS! YOU'RE MY GIRLFRIEND!"
Alice shook her head, "no I'm not. I'm not your anything."
Ari's heart broke, "are you saying you don't love me?"
Before Alice could answer, Ari drew his own conclusion.
"You never loved me."
"That's not true! I loved you, I always have but you hurt me!"
"Loved", Ari hissed, "past tense."
Nik had to bite his cheek from smiling, he knew he than he was most definitely going to hell.
"Fine! Take my scraps! Enjoy!"
Alice had to dig her nails into her palms to keep from crying all she heard over and over again was, 'scraps.'
Nik reached in through the bars and grabbed his brother, "don't you ever refer to her as that again you little fuck!"
Ari looked Nik right in the eye when he smiled a crazed smile and said, "no matter what, I always had her first."
Nik pushed him back, hard.
Alice ran to Ari's cell because she heard his skull crack against the back wall of his cell.
"He'll be fine", Nik said solemnly to Alice.
"He's hurt, he didn't  mean anything that came out of his mouth."
Alice swallowed, but it didn't matter, her voice still came out broken; "fae can't lie."
"Can either of you grab me some heroin? Coke or meth is fine too."
Nik and Alice's attention both snapped to a smiling Ember.
Whether she was just trying to lighten the mood or if she genuinely wanted drugs no one knew.

It was dark but enough light was coming that Alice could see another shadow.
Victor.
"Hello Ivy."
Alice flinched at the fake name given to her by him.
Alice didn't waste any time, "you killed me."
"I was wondering when you would remember that. What can I say, I love croquet."
Alice saw red, "YOU KILLED ME!"
"Yes I know, but have comfort knowing I mean you no harm... now."
"Why did you do it?" Alice wanted to know, she needed to.
She never liked Victor, he was perverted, made her life hell and took advantage of his authority over her repeatedly.
Looking back, he wasn't large or daunting especially compared to Finn.
But if Alice had learned anything it was that looks could be deceiving.
The two most powerful fae were Nik and Terrett.
Neither of them looked particularly strong or powerful; but they were.