ix.

nine ── discussions

𝕬s soon as the words left the boy's mouth, he was rushing away from her and heading upstairs as quickly as he could. Eden sat in a stunned silence, her eyes wide. Suddenly, the pain in her hand wasn't as great as it had been before.

What had Luke meant by 'punched a god'? What was he talking about?

Pulling the peas away from her hand, she took in the sight of the bruises already forming on her knuckles and huffed. Placing it away, Eden headed up the stairs and towards Luke's room, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?"

"Luke." She opened it slowly, finding the boy sitting on his bed and fiddling with the Lego rocket ship. He wasn't looking at her, staring at the ground like he was trying to burn a hole in the carpet. "Have you got something to tell me?"

Luke remained silent, pursing his lips as she came into the room. Settling down, Eden leant forward on her hands to watch the boy as Bradley came padding into the room.

"You know, you can tell me anything, Luke."

"You won't believe me."

"Try me." Eden challenged as Luke finally looked up. He caught her eyes, chewing on his bottom lip. "If there's something that I should know, then I'd quite like for you to tell me but if you cannot, I won't be mad."

Luke opened his mouth, before snapping it closed. Eden waited for another few minutes, before standing up.

"Well, I'll start making dinner. I'm going to make curry, so I'll try not to make it too spicy for you." She brushed her jeans off, wincing as her knuckles ached, before heading downstairs and into the kitchen to start concocting food.

☾☼☽

The rice was almost done and the curry was bubbling away when Luke came downstairs. He hovered in the doorway, before starting to speak.

"My dad's name is Hermes."

"Like the Greek god?"

"He is the Greek god." Luke corrected as Eden's eyebrows furrowed. "Greek god of messenger, trade, travel and all of that stuff. It's why I'm so good at maths, PE and languages."

"Right." Eden wasn't so sure about this.

"Well, twelve years ago, he came down to Earth, fell in love with my mom and had me. I'm a demigod, Son of Hermes." Luke explained, coming to sit in front of her. "A few days after I was born, my mom decided to try and see if she could become the next Oracle, but it all went wrong and she went loopy. Hermes was around for a bit, but he was normally absent, which left me home alone to deal with her."