xxxii.

thirty-two ── my little dove

𝕰den had always been content with her boy. 

Her and Luke had a special bond, he was her first born son and she adored him with every fibre of her being. He was her little, well not so little, boy. She had never thought of wanting or needing another child and even when she and Hermes had begun whatever their relationship was, Eden hadn't felt the need. 

Mainly because, along with Luke, she had the remainder of the Hermes cabin who would make appearances at her front door to speak with their dad, and end up joining family dinner. If Eden was to count the remainder of the Hermes cabin, then overall she would have at least thirty children and that was more than enough for her. 

Most of them took after their father, and Eden could only keep up with so many versions of Hermes.

That's why, when Eden had found out she was pregnant, she had panicked. First of all, she'd been worried about Luke's reaction, then how the other children of Hermes would react, and then how Hermes and her family would react and finally, one part of her was worried that now she was pregnant, Hermes might leave.

It was a stupid thought, but Eden was panicking.

Of course, most of those fears were unfounded. Luke was ecstatic when he found out, bringing up her punching Hermes in the face multiple times, as he cackled. Hermes' other children had also found it funny, and Eden had been horrified to find out that they did have a list of all of Hermes children, and were adding her child to the tally. 

That had been mortifying.

Her family and Hermes had been nothing but supportive to the woman, making sure that she was alright, that the company was alright and that everything was in place for the baby. That had been a little smothering, in Eden's opinion. In fact, they had been more stressed than she was about all of it, which had left her to be the calm one.

Eden was more worried that Hermes would pass out whilst she was giving birth. In fact, she was still sure to this day that Luke had placed a bet on that, though he never explicitly told her. Unfortunately, she knew her eldest son far too well. He'd most likely done it for both of her pregnancies.

"You are going to be late!" Eden called up the stairs, balancing a pie on her hip as she got ready for Thanksgiving. She was ready to leave. All three of her children, plus Hermes, were being lazy. "I will call Grandma!"

"Maybe just call her anyway, tell them that the kids don't need any presents." Hermes appeared down the stairs, doing his tie up as he shook his head. "I tried getting them out of bed, but I think they stayed up too late last night."