xi.

eleven ── family

"𝕬re you sure that you're okay?" Eden turned to look at Luke, who was holding onto Bradley. "If at any point, you want to leave, just tell me and we'll go."

"I'm fine." Luke nodded, eyes wide as Eden grinned and ruffled his hair. She was balancing a pie on her hips, her fist ready to knock on the door of her parents home. 

"Alright then." Eden knocked on the door, before stepping back and waiting as she heard the sound of her mother running towards the door. It was flung open and Eden beamed. "Hi mom."

"Hello my baby." Macy pulled her into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to her cheek and beaming at the sight of the pie in her hand. "Is that...?"

"Apple and cherry pie. Luke and I made it last night." Eden grinned, before turning to look back at her son, who now seemed a bit more on edge. He hadn't been feeling scared until Eden had knocked on the door and now, Luke was worried. "Mom, this is Luke."

"Oh, I know who he is." Macy gave Eden's arm a smack as the woman rolled her eyes. "You only tell me all about him over the phone. I heard you want to start ice hockey?"

"Yeah..." Luke mumbled.

"Great! You and the boys are going to have fun. They're very excited." Macy ruffled Bradley's fur. "You can call me Macy, or grandma or whatever, I don't mind at all."

"Thanks." Luke began to scuff his converses and Eden shot her mom a look. The woman nodded, patting her arm and taking the pie from her. 

"Hey, anytime you want." Eden reminded him, unclipping Bradley and taking the lead from Luke. "We'll leave. They won't mind."

"Okay." Luke nodded, as Eden quickly gave his shoulder a squeeze and led him into the house. He followed her suit, kicking his shoes and jacket off and following Eden down the hallway and into the kitchen.

Macy was at the stove, trying to bat Bradley away from taking the sausages that she had placed out. The dog wasn't paying her any attention.

"Hi dad." Eden gave her step-dad a hug, pressing a kiss to his bearded cheek. "How have you been?"

"Missing both of my daughters." He gave her a quick pinch on the cheek, before holding his hand out to Luke. "I'm Phil. Eden's step-dad."

"Luke." The boy sent him a half-smile, shaking his hand, before retreating back to Eden's side.

"Where are the others?"

"Hissing at the sunlight." Macy called, shaking her head. "I tried to tell them that you were here, but they smelt the garlic I was cooking and scuttled back into their pits."

Eden cackled, before turning back to the corridor.

"Hey, losers! You not going to come and say hello to your big sister!" She waited for a moment, before laughing again at the sound of thumping and shoving as three bodies came flying down the stairs in a ball of limbs and curse words. "I see nothing has changed."