xxx.

thirty ── scarring

"𝖂hen I said have a good birthday present for Luke's sixteenth, I did not mean, send him on a dangerous quest!" Eden shouted down the phone, climbing out of her car. "Sometimes, I think you forget. He is mortal! He is our son! And he shouldn't have gone on a quest across the country without you telling me!"

"In my defence..." Hermes' voice sounded, and Eden turned as the god drew closer, putting his phone into his pocket. "For us, quests are given out on the child's sixteenth birthday to signify them becoming a man."

"Please remember, we do not live in Ancient Greece! We live in America." Eden stated simply. "A-me-ri-ca!"

"Thank you, I can spell and I do know that."

"In America, we do not send our child on dangerous quests involving a dragon, and we remember to tell our partner about what we're planning!" Eden scowled, as Hermes rolled his eyes and leant down, pressing a kiss to Eden's lips. "You're still in my bad books."

"I'm just saying hi." Hermes replied.

"I still can't believe that the two of you convinced me to let Luke attend summer camp here. Now look, he's been injured!" Eden muttered, before allowing Hermes to hold onto her hand as they crossed over the barrier between them and camp. She shivered at the feeling, before turning to stare down at the summer camp in disgust. "I can't believe you convinced me to let him learn to sword fight!"

"Luke wanted to." Hermes pointed out. "Come on. We'll go to the infirmary first, and then to the Big House."

"You don't want to stop and see the rest of your plentiful children."

"That was in the past. I have not had kids with anyone else." Hermes rolled his eyes, "and they saw me two days ago."

"Oh sure."

"They did!"

"Sure."

"Edie, sweetheart, please." Eden finally took a deep breath and stopped attempting to bully Hermes, following the taller god down into the main part of camp. They travelled through the paths, before finally reaching the infirmary, as Hermes felt Eden's grip tighten on his arm. He knew that she was terrified, and worried for their son, and that had been the reason that she had been harsh, and he could not blame her.

He was feeling incredibly guilty as well, knowing that his son could have been killed on this quest.

Opening the door, Eden slipped through first, smiling as she caught sight of Luke.

"Hi baby."

"Mom." Luke struggled to sit up, causing Eden to rush over and make him sit down again, shaking her head gently. Reaching up, she was quick to take a peek beneath the bandages that were on his face and chest, a grimace marring her features. "Who called you?"