xxxi.

thirty-one ── diplomas

"𝕷ook at my handsome boy! All grown up!" Luke began to laugh, catching sight of his parents as he wandered over with his diploma in one hand and his cap in the other.

"Mom, I've been this height for years." Luke laughed, leaning down to hug the smaller woman, picking her up in the process. He began to spin as the woman screeched, smacking his shoulder gently.

"Luke!" He laughed again, setting her back down and kissing her cheek as she placed a hand over her heart. "Stop trying to kill me."

"Where's the fun in that?" Luke asked, before embracing his dad, as Hermes chuckled in amusement at the pair.

"Don't give your mom anymore grey hairs, bud. She doesn't need it." Hermes teased, before pulling away and looking him up and down. "How does it feel? Now you're officially an adult with a degree."

"And a shit ton of debt." Luke added on, before grinning. "Nah, it feels great. I'm free and now, instead of calling mom to annoy her down the phone, I can do it in her office."

"Don't make me regret hiring you." Eden shook her head, smiling proudly up at her son as he grinned. "I will fire you."

"She always threatens, never carries through." Alfie appeared, smacking Luke's back a few times. "Look at you, kiddo. You actually graduated."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." Luke rolled his eyes, shaking Alfie and his husband, James', hands before embracing Ashlee. "It's so nice to know that you all believe in me."

"You never know with our family." Eden stated. "I mean look at Jasper."

"I can feel you insulting me and I haven't even reached you yet." Jasper cried indignantly, as he and his siblings made an appearance, Luke's grandpa and grandma a little further behind them. "Congrats, Luke."

"Cheers. Didn't know that you guys were all coming." Luke thanked Cara as the woman handed him a bouquet. "Grandma."

"Look at you. All smart in your suit." Macy pouted at Eden. "Ready to follow your mom into the family business?"

"Remember, you're not allowed to make people cry." Luke laughed at Alfie's statement, before the cameras were brought out and Luke was forced into taking photographs despite his protests. Macy was very persuasive.

At twenty-two years old, Luke looked exactly like his dad in a mildly taller, and slightly blonder form. His curly hair had straightened out over the years, and was now mostly straight, and he stood a little taller than his dad's height. Hermes wrapped an arm around his shoulder, squeezing gently as Eden stood on his other side, considerably smaller than the other two men. beaming widely.