xxv.

twenty-five ── family time

"𝕴 am going to kill you!"

"Oh sure, sure." Eden twisted, hearing Luke and Hermes bickering.

"Put me down!" Sighing, she stopped pulling her shoes on to find that Hermes was holding Luke upside down, cackling as the boy tried not to laugh. "I will puncture your tires."

"Real mature."

"Says the one holding me upside down!"

"What is going on?" Eden questioned, cocking an eyebrow. "I left you alone for two minutes to get my shoes on."

"Dad ate the last cookie!"

"I cooked them." Hermes snapped back, as Eden cocked an eyebrow and motioned for the god to put the boy down. Reluctantly, Hermes did, setting Luke on the floor as the boy glared. "I'll make you more."

"Rot in Tartarus."

"Luke!" Eden called, as the boy scowled. She shook her head at her son's antics, before ruffling his hair. "It's a cookie."

"It's the principle. He hasn't been around long enough to earn the right to eat the last cookie." Luke stated as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

"Ouch."

"You're welcome." Luke replied, as Hermes rolled his eyes. Eden couldn't quite tell whether or not they were joking or not. It was sometimes a little hard to tell with the two. One minute, they were fine, the next Luke was threatening to shred his suit or Hermes was holding the boy upside down. Then they were fine again. "Are we leaving?"

"Uh huh." Eden nodded, as her son grabbed the dog and left to jump into the car. She paused, before turning to look up at Hermes, who was humming to himself. "All good?"

"What? We're fine."

"Really?" Eden pulled a face. "I'm pretty sure Luke just told you to go to hell."

"It's a very funny joke." Hermes followed after his son, leaving Eden to lock up.

"Greeks." She shook her head, before following them out to the car, where the pair were back to chatting in Ancient Greek, causing Eden to roll her eyes. They were absolutely going to be the death of her.

☾☼☽

"So, what's next after that?" Hermes tugged Eden a little closer, still holding onto her hand as Luke continued to rattle on about the maths they were having him doing. Hermes had explained to Eden once, that most of his kids were good with maths, but apparently, Luke's talent went even beyond that.