ˣ.⁸asgard

2004AVENGERS COMPOUND

2004
AVENGERS COMPOUND

"You ready, kid?" The person- well animal, asked her.

Athena looked down to rocket, biting her lip nervously as she nodded. "Yeah. It should be an easy task, I guess..."

"Then why're you so nervous? I've never seen you so nervous in the past five years I've known you." Rocket commented, quirking a brow.

Athena sighed. "I'm confident about us three going to Asgard, but I'm nervous about what happens after... Something's just telling me that thing's are going to go somewhat south."

The raccoon patted the side of her thigh. "Let's not focus on that for now, yeah? We can deal with that problem if it comes, but for now, let's focus on our goal. Getting that stone."

Athena nodded, as Rocket did the same in understanding. The two positioned themselves beside each other, as well as Thor who stood on the other side of Athena. They were standing on the platform of the Quantum Tunnel, as well as everyone else.

On Steve's accord, they were all brought towards the middle near each other. Athena walked along side them, raising her closed fist like everyone else's, as if showing the mechanism on top of it.

"We all know our tasks. Get the stones, then come back." Steve announced, eyes scanning around everyone as he spoke. "One round-trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us know where we are going, but that doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

Athena sighed once more, taking in a deep breath. This is it. This is what she was destined for, what the prophecy from years ago was about.

"Good luck." Steve then began to walk back to his position from earlier, everyone following in suit.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket commented, looking up at Athena and Scott, who stood on the other side of him.

The girl scoffed, a smile forming as Scott bobbed his head, making a face. "Right?"

"You heard the man, stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Tony called out, directed towards Bruce/Smart Hulk as the big man was finalising the buttons.

Despite feeling nervous, Athena was pretty excited. An excited smile slowly formed on her face, Bruce/Smart Hulk walking onto the platform and joining them.

Athena looked up, locking eyes with her aunt who smirked at her. "See ya in a minute."

"