✓ 4

It was a few days to Saturday. THE Saturday.
Temi was arranging her clothes while listening to some music.
She got bored,so she just went on her laptop. She was trying to make a banner for the online business. It wasn't easy,at all. She was a wizard at these things,but she just wanted this particular one to be unique. She didn't want just one banner,she wanted to make multiple banners so she could change anytime she needed to.

Favour called to ask how far.

"At this point, I'm willing to pay someone to do this thing for me" Temi said as she swallowed some ice cream.

Favour chuckled.

"Forget the banner,how about the stock?" Favour asked.

"Ehn,shey you're coming over na. We'll go to the market. I'll have ordered the clothes online,but I'm ordering in bulk,and two.. we'll spend more money if we order online. We are not even sure if we're getting what we're gonna order" Temi said

"Azin. We'll just be victims of what I ordered versus what I got" Favour said and Temi burst into laughter.

"Don't take time sha" Temi said to Favour

"Sure. Lemme just round up with my chores" Favour said.

*,*,*,
"Where to madam?" The driver asked Temi as the girls got into the car

"Lagos Island" Temi said

The driver started the car,and the girls were contemplating on what market to go first.

Normally, you'll think a girl as rich as Temi wouldn't know any market,or will feel irritated to mix with sweaty people and their shouts,but Temi is different.
She used to come with her mom to the island to select tilapia fish for the restaurant,or other foodstuff.

"Um sir,we are going to Balogun market first" Favour said and the driver nodded.

Temi started jotting things they needed and how much they wanted to spend on her phone.
She brought out her laptop bag and started doing some work.

"Hope you're not carrying this your laptop bag to the market?" Favour asked and Temi chuckled.

"Nope. Just my waist bag with my phone and ATM in it" Temi replied and Favour nodded.

Temi continued to calculate as Favour just watched some skits on her phone.

"Where are you going to park?" Temi asked the driver as they came down

"The usual car park" the man replied and Temi nodded.

"I'll call you just to confirm" Temi said.

,*,*,
"Better hold your phone" Temi told Favour as they walked to a Plaza where Temi knew a lot of her mom's customers

They walked up the stairs,and when they finally got to the shop,the middle aged woman smiled.

"Temi!" The woman exclaimed

"Good afternoon ma" Temi greeted as they walked into the shop.

Favour greeted the woman,and she welcomed them into the shop. The girls sat down,and Favour looked around.

"See anything you like?" Temi asked Favour and she nodded.

"How's your mom?" The woman asked as she brought down some clothes from hangers

"She's fine ma"

"She let you come to the island all alone?" The woman asked and Temi laughed

"I came with my driver,ma" Temi replied and the woman nodded.

"So. Help yourself girls. Different sizes," the woman said "Besides,what can I offer you?"

"We're fine for now,ma" Temi said and the woman nodded.

The girls looked through the huge shop as they picked what they liked. They decided to sit down for a while to ask her if she had bulk of the ones they had chosen.

"This Nike air max,.. yes,I have. But I don't have up to twenty" the woman said

"We don't need up to twenty ma, we're just starting" Favour said and the woman chuckled.

A young man came in,and started hailing the woman.

"Taiwo. I don't have money today o" the woman said

"I'm not here for money. Me that I went to hustle" the man said and sat down while wiping his face.

"Ah ahn. Fine girl" he said looking at Favour

"Ma lo be(don't go there)" the woman said

"Wait o.. this girl" The man said looking at Temi as if he knew her.

"Senator Adeyemi's daughter na" The woman said

"Ehen. Aunty Kemi! I sha know that I've seen her before" Taiwo said

"Temi,this is Taiwo;my family friend. Taiwo,this is Temi"

"Nice to meet you sir" Temi said and shook his hand.

"You must've met him," Aunty Kemi said "Well, your mom knows him"

Temi nodded as she continued to search for clothes.

"We need gowns too" Favour reminded Temi.

....
They had spent more than two hours there,and Aunty Kemi was calculating the sum. She reduced the prices of almost everything and even gave them ten extra shoes. The girls were so grateful.

"I'm going to make a transfer,ma. I'm not with any cash" Temi said and the woman called out her account number for Temi. When Temi made the transfer,she waited to confirm whether Aunty Kemi had seen it. When the payment was confirmed,Aunty Kemi told her sales boys to help the girls carry the heavy bags to their car.

When they finally got there,Favour tipped them,and the girls went to a different market to shop for jewelry and some more accessories. And if possible,more clothes.

They were finally through with everything,and they went to the car.
As the driver drove,the girls had a stop over at a shawarma spot to get some shawarma. They hadn't eaten in a while. Well, except for the drinks aunty Kemi bought for them.

"Babe,are you hungry for some pounded yam?" Temi asked Favour,and Favour eagerly nodded.

They finally got to their mom's shop,and tiredly walked to her office. Luckily,she was there.

"Girls..Welcome," her mom said walking to them. "it's late guys,and why do you look so tired?"

"I didn't tell you?" Temi asked her mom,and her mom shook her head

"Mom, let's eat first before one of us faints" Temi said and her mom laughed.

The girls had started eating,and Favour kept making compliments about the hot pounded yam that she was having with her sprite

"Olonje oshi" Temi insulted Favour and Favour just rolled her eyes

"Omo Igbo. Opor" Temi added laughing

"Ma,you see her o" Favour said to Temi's mom

"Tems. Stop that na" her mom playfully said.

They all laughed and the girls started to explain their adventure. At first,her mom was a bit angry that they didn't tell her about it,but she got over it.

They talked and talked until Temi decided it was time to go home.

"Are you staying over or You're going home?" Temi asked Favour

"I'll call my mom. I'll tell her I'm staying over at yours'" Favour said and Temi nodded as she stared out the window as the car moved.

"We should have a sleepover one of these days with Kudi" Temi said

"Add Jamal to that list of names" Favour replied.

*****

Thanks for reading guys,lmk what y'all think ♥️

Love:Melanin3000💜💙