✓19

"What's wrong?" Temi asked Jamal

Jamal looked up at Temi and sighed.

"He's having some issues at school" Jamal said

"Hope it's nothing too serious" Temi hoped as Jamal sat down.

"They're threatening to expel him," Jamal sighed. "This is his third letter this month. The fourth letter is gonna be the final"

"Does your dad talk to him?" Temi asked

"He tries. He can't kill himself because of Dayo's foolishness"

Temi sighed.
"Where's his room?"

"Temi, don't"

"He's not gonna kill me,is he?" She joked

Jamal still kept a serious expression.
"You're not going to his room now. He's very angry at the moment. I don't even trust him"

"But he's your brother" Temi said

"So?"

"Just tell me where his room is," she begged. "I won't spend too much time"

"Take the stairs. His room is the second to your left"

"Thank you" she said as she stood up

"Be careful"

Temi chuckled
"Alright"

*** ***
Temi knocked on the door with her anxiety building high

There was no reply.

She knocked again,and there was still no reply

She was starting to think she was knocking on the wrong door.

The door suddenly barged open,and Dayo was standing there,staring at her with his dark eyes.

Those eyes reminded her of a black hole,they could swallow someone whole.

"What?"

"Can I talk to you?" She asked

"No" he said and already started to close the door,but she stepped in between it.

Bless her slim stature.

"Just for a few minutes" she begged

"No"

"Please" she smiled ,but his expression was as cold as ice.

He just opened the door wider, letting her fully gain access into the huge room.

Temi got in and scanned all over the room.

There were posters of dudes sweating and lifting dumbbells.

The room was dark,and cool.

It was medium,and not really arranged.

His t-shirts were hanging at the edges of the bed

His bed was a mess.

But the room wasn't that disorderly

"Why are you scrutinizing my room?," He asked her with his arms crossed. "Does yours look better? Or do you wanna help me clean up?"

"No. Sorry"

"So,why are you here?," He asked and looked at his watch.

"Why exactly do you fight so much? Do you derive some sort of satisfaction?" She asked as she leaned on the wall.

"Look,Teni-".

"It's Temi" she corrected.

"I don't care about what people think when I fight. That's the way I've chosen to go"

"So you don't mind getting expelled?" She asked him.

"I do"

"So why do you go through all this stress just to try and get expelled"

"Look,I'm not putting in any extra effort to get expelled. I'm simply just doing what I should and the school authorities seem to have an issue with that"

"By 'doing what I should' what do you mean?" Temi's asked.

"Fighting for myself"

"There are better ways to communicate other than fighting,Dayo" she said

"But people don't seem to understand when I tell them. They think I'm just bluffing when I warn them. But when they have a broken bone or two, they'll take me more serious"

Temi sighed.
"That's wrong"

"I know"

"I've always been like this,my mom could never tame me. She even got tired at some point. And if you're concerned about me getting expelled,then don't worry. Because this ain't even the first school that's expelling me"

"And don't you wanna change your habits?" Temi asked

"Nah. I'm fine this way"

"With all these....bruises?" Temi asked

"Yes,the bruises remind me of my victory," he said. "Do you know what it's like growing up without a dad?" He asked

"No" Temi said quietly.

"Exactly,you don't know what it's like," he sighed.

"I'm-I'm sorry about that"

Dayo only chuckled.
"Are we done here?" He asked her.

"Please,stop fighting. You'll get expelled," she sighed. "Your family is very renowned and I don't think it's a good thing when people give you a bad label"

Dayo just shrugged and ran his hand through his hair.

"So what do you suggest I do when someone gets on my nerves?" He asked her.

"Talk to them about it. If it's not too serious,let it go," Temi said. "Alright,I wanna know why you fought today"

"I'm not telling you" he said with a frown.

"Please?"

"I was at the store to buy some drinks and snacks. There was this really long line,and this dude comes out of nowhere and stays in front of me,he didn't even say anything. I tapped his shoulder twice,and when he turned his back,he said 'are you stupid or something?' and then,I pulled him out of the line and slapped him. Then it became a fight. The security men had to separate us eventually. But I still beat him up when we got outside"

"You could have just asked him why he cut the line in a.....nicer way. Although I understand that the way he approached you wasn't kind,but not everyone is as mature as you are" Temi said.

Dayo didn't say anything,he just continued to stare at her.

"Fine. Are you done,now?" He asked.

"Yes,but please just try to bottle up your anger,and when you get home,vent it out on the punching bag downstairs" Temi said and Dayo slowly nodded.

Temi headed for the door,and turned to face Dayo who was still sitting.
She smiled at him before opening the door,.

When she got to the stairs,she collided with Jamal.

"Ouch!," She winced in pain. "What are you doing here?"

"Well,you were taking forever," he put a hand on his forehead. "Why is your head so big and hard?"

Temi rolled her eyes as they began to walk down the stairs.

"What did you talk to him about?" Jamal asked

"Something" Temi said and grinned.

"Whatever it is. I hope he'll listen" Jamal said as they sat down on the sofa. Again.

Hope y'all loved this chapter!

Melanin3000🦋🦋✨✨🦋🦋✨✨🦋🦋