✓ 11

Drops of rain were the rhythm of the night as Temi stared out her window. She drummed her fingers on her laps as she hummed to the rhythm the rain was making against her window.

She chuckled as she watched a man run with the speed of light trying to hide from the rain.

Her dad had a meeting in Abuja,so he was away for the weekend.

Favour and Kudi were going to be at her house in less than an hour. She was in a marshmello hoodie and some shorts. She walked to her closet and brought out a pair of Nike socks to keep her warm because it was getting colder and colder.

Her alarm rang, reminding her of the muffins she was preparing. She happily clapped her hands as she walked to the kitchen. The maid was there, probably making something for herself to eat.

"They're ready ma," the maid said. "I've put the chicken now"

"I know you're new,but you don't have to call me ma. My name is Temi" Temi said with a grin as she arranged the muffins in a tray.

"Boss has ordered me to address everyone in this house respectfully irrespective of their age" the maid said.

"Hm, suit yourself" Temi whispered as she carried the tray of muffins to the living room.

The doorbell rang,and she walked to the door to open it.

Favour and Kudi were standing there. Favour was in a Winter onesie and Kudi was just in a PJ top and  palazzo pants.

"Favour,did you wear that from your house?" Temi asked holding in her laughter.

"No. Jamal's driver dropped us off" Kudi replied

"Oh,okay. Come in" Temi said and gestured to them.

"Let's wait for Jamal," Favour said and Temi coughed.

"Jamal? What's he doing here?" Temi asked and Favour smirked as Jamal approached.

"Hey," he smiled at Temi and then looked at Favour and Kudi. "I told you I was gonna bring the bags in. Y'all should have gone in"

*,*,*
"Did you make these yourself?" Favour asked as she ate the muffin.

"Yes,I did. How are they?" Temi asked

"Lovely" Jamal said with a smile as he drank some juice.

"Thank you"

The night was going well. Kudi,Favour and Temi shared secrets and it was Jamal's turn.

He said he was gonna talk about his mom.

"She died when I was in primary school. I was just seven years old,I didn't believe I was gonna lose her that night," he stopped and Favour patted his back. "Her workplace caught fire. She was rushed to the hospital,but she had so many internal wounds. It burned her so much. She died the eve of my birthday"

"I'm sorry" Temi said and hugged him. He smiled back at her.

****
She was staring at him. He constantly licked his lips and that didn't make matters better.

His focus on the TV had Temi grinning.

He wanted to win,he wanted to show Favour who was the boss.

And when he did,he laughed. His laugh was so loud that Temi couldn't help but laugh also.

"Y'all have been playing for about an hour now" Temi said

"Yup" Favour replied drinking an energy drink.

"I'm sleepy" Kudi yawned.

"Not yet," Temi said with a grin.. "Let's watch a Netflix movie"

"Yes, let's watch never have I ever" Favour suggested.