✓24

"Temi,are you still sleeping?!," Her mom asked as Temi wiped her eyes with a yawn. "The bus is leaving soon" her mom said through the phone.

"It leaves in two hours,mom" Temi groaned

"Well,you have to get ready" her mom said

"I will" Temi groaned again.

"Get up,Temi" her mom said and Temi rolled her eyes.

"Mom!!" She said as she got up from the bed and stretched.

"I'll call you later," her mom said. "And Temi,get up!"

"I'm up,mom" Temi said covering her ears from the timbre of her mom's voice.

"Alright" her mom said and hung up.

Temi rolled her eyes as she tied her hair in a bun.

She opened her suitcase to make sure she had all she would need for three days.

She made sure to put two extra hoodies in her suitcase because of the weather.

Toothpaste,soap,hair products,

Temi continued to list,and she had all her toiletries.

Then her clothes were complete,

Her practice clothes were also in the suitcase with her shoes.

She yawned as she walked to the bathroom.

She brushed her teeth as she played some music on her phone.

She then decided to have a very warm bath in the bathtub.

Most of the times,she used the shower which was way different from the bathtub.

In Temi's toilet,the bathtub was in a glass compartment

Temi got into the bathtub and made the water warm.

She closed her eyes as her muscles relaxed.

She exhaled and smiled,but then a very annoying face interrupted her.

She was seeing him. Again.

Ughhh

She didn't want to see him right now.

She wanted to see nothing.

She opened her eyes and got up.

She angrily had her bath and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

She changed into a pair of boyfriend jeans,a black crop top and a jacket with her Adidas Yeezy.

She then grabbed her bag and rolled her suitcase out of her room.

A maid saw her and hurried to her

"I got it" Temi said

"Let me help,Temi" the maid said.

Temi left the suitcase for the maid and she helped her roll it downstairs.

"Who owns this?" She heard her dad's husky voice ask as she descended from the stairs.

"Temi,sir. Temi owns this,sir" The maid said

Temi walked to the maid
"My food, please. I have to leave soon"

The maid vigorously nodded before walking in the direction of the kitchen.

Temi wasn't a fan of breakfast,but she knew she needed it today because of the road trip.

To sum it all up,she wasn't a fan of food. This girl could have ice cream for breakfast,lunch and dinner if she was allowed to.

"Good morning sir" she said to her father before walking to the dining table.

"Where are you going?" He asked her.

"I'm attending a sports competition" she replied nonchalantly.

"Did you inform me?"

"No sir"

"Why?" He asked.

"I didn't think you'd care," she said. "You don't seem to care about my whereabouts so I told my mom instead"

Her dad remained quiet before sighing.

"Is this about your birthday?" He asked as the maid brought Temi's food into the living room.

She placed some pancakes in front of Temi with some syrup, strawberries and blackcurrant juice.

"What makes you think it's about my birthday,sir? Because I don't think you even remembered the day after I continually told you,sir" she said biting into her pancake

"I had a meeting in Abuja" her dad said as Temi chewed her food.

Temi nodded and continued to eat.

"What did you do on your birthday?" He asked her.

"I went to my favourite ice cream shop"

Her dad nodded
"I'll buy you some gifts"

"I don't want any gifts," Temi said, trying to still be polite. "You'll have treated your other children well and then you come to me to ask if I want any gifts? I already said I didn't want anything,sir. After all, it's the leftovers I always get" she said and drank her juice.

She was now furiously eating.

She needed to leave this house very fast because having this conversation with her dad seemed useless.

As she was done,she got up and dragged here suitcase to the car where the designated driver was awaiting.

"Good morning,sir" she said.

"Good morning,Miss Temi" he smiled at her as he started the engine.

"Where to?" He asked.

"School" she replied as she unlocked her phone.

She went to Wattpad and continued a novel she had been hooked on for two weeks now.

When the car halted,Temi looked up and realized she was in school already.

She rolled her eyes and got down.

The driver also got down to help her with her suitcase.

"Don't worry," she said. "Thank you sir" she said and rolled it away from the car

"See you soon" the driver said

Temi walked into the school gate.

She could see Miss Kamsy from a distance on a call,so she walked up to her.

As Miss Kamsy hung up,Temi took that as a cue to talk.

"Good morning ma'am" she said.

"Good morning,Temi" she replied looking at her phone.

"Anything wrong?" She asked.

"The principal just called to inform me of the replacement of a participant"

Temi snapped her head to Miss Kamsy.

"Why? Who?"

"Samuel is sick,so they're replacing him with a newcomer"

"Newcomer? Is SS2?" Temi asked, bewildered

"No,in your class"

"There's no newcomer in my class" Temi said.

"You weren't in school for two days,Temi," Miss Kamsy chuckled. "Life went on"

"Who's the person?" Temi asked.

"I can't remember his name,but it's a Yoruba name," Miss Kamsy shrugged with a sigh. "He's on his way here. Aaand we leave in fifteen minutes so put your bags in the bus" she said as her phone rang again.

Newcomer?

Why didn't she hear of this?

Thanks for reading loves🤍
Please,just hit the button to vote for this chapter,and just leave a few words in the comment section so I'll know how well you are/are not enjoying the book.

Melanin3000✨✨🦋🦋✨✨🦋🦋✨✨