✓ 8

She opened her eyes and she knew she had been in this room before. It all looked familiar.

Jamal's room.

She looked to the left and saw Jamal seated with a frown on his face.

He turned to face her and stood up.

"How are you feeling?" He asked coldly

"Fine,thank you" she said weakly

"You literally passed out,Temi...," He wanted to continue but he just hissed. "Now's not the time. Just get well"

"I am well. I know what happened so there's no need to worry"

"There's no need to worry? You looked pale. You weren't moving. Guy,I was scared,and now, you're acting as if you own your life and you have everything under control" Jamal said and it sent shivers down Temi's body.

This is weird. Why is he getting so worked up?

"Why didn't you tell me you had asthma?," He asked. "You know about your condition yet you even challenged me to that race. What if things went beyond this?"

"So if I had told you, What would that have changed?. I don't want preferential care,Jamal. Sometimes,I also wanna have fun" she replied

"This isn't about fun,Temi. This is about your health. Asthma is deadly for crying out loud!" He yelled unbuttoning two buttons on his shirt

"Fine. I'm sorry!" Temi yelled

"Okay, you're sorry. What has that changed?"

"What's your deal na? What changed your mood so fast?" Temi asked

"You," he said pointing. "The fact that you kept something like that from me is getting me pissed off. Thank goodness we have a family doctor"

Temi sighed.

"Give me one of your inhalers" he said

"Why?" Temi asked

"Because I obviously care about your health more than you do"

Temi rolled her eyes and gave him one of her inhalers from her bag.

"This is gonna be with me just in case" Jamal said

"I ask again, why are you getting angry,Jamal?"

"Because I care!" He said and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Fine. I'm sorry,I'll be more careful" Temi said

"Please do," he sighed and looked at Temi.

She had tears at the edges of her eyes.

"Tems?," He said and she sniffled. "I'm sorry for yelling. I was scared. If you had told me,I wouldn't have reacted how I did. I'm sorry" he said holding her hands

"It's fine,Jamal," she smiled. "I can't remember when last someone actually showed me their care that way. Well, except for my mom,and I'm barely with her" she said

"Stop crying na. You look ugly," he joked with a laugh and Temi also burst into laughter. "Lemme get you some ice cream" he said and stood up. He walked out of the room,and about three minutes later,he was back with a bucket of ice cream and two spoons.

"We only have chester nut flavour left. But don't worry, I've sent the maid for some new flavours,maybe you'll have those ones to go" he said and she laughed.

°°°°∆°°°°∆°°°°

°°°°°
°
°

Temi and her friends just left the cafeteria. They were headed to class for another boring class.
When they got in, Nifemi and Jamal were talking,and some other guys were also relating.