Side Story 02 - Valentine

Rated: T

"I'm home!" Ryuna said, slamming the main door hard as she closed it, hurried footsteps running towards her room.

It was the end of the weekday and Sasuke was at home that time, lazing around the living room. The shoji doors were open towards the large garden and he was sitting in the hallway when he heard the familiar footsteps of her daughter.

"Welcome ho--"

"I'll be going out Daddy!" she said as she run towards her room, hurriedly opens the door, went out again, and run towards the exit, but run back again towards Sasuke. "Bye Daddy!" she kissed his cheeks then run again towards the door.

She was out of the house in 30 seconds.

Sasuke was left dumbstruck thinking about what just happened.

"She's in a hurry," Sakura commented as she looked towards where their daughter exited. Then she looked at Sasuke, "At least you get a kiss," she grins.

Sasuke scowled, "School just ended, where is she going?"

"Beats me," Sakura shrugged. There was a meaningful smile on her lips.

She remembered what had transpired three nights ago.

"Mommy," Ryuna called, she was standing at the open door of the master bedroom. Sasuke was not home yet and will return the next day.

"What is it, love?" Sakura asked urging her daughter to enter the room.

"My classmates said it's going to be Valentine's day soon. The girls in my class were quite excited about it. But I don't get it at all," she said, confusion evident on her face.

"Oh," Sakura said.

"What's Valentine's day?" she asked.

"Well, it is a special day where you show your affection to the person you like the most. By showing it, people usually give gifts and flowers to that person,"

"Oh, so that's why the girls in my class were planning to give chocolates to the boys. I heard them talking about it,"

"Yes, I used to give chocolates to Uncle Naruto and Kakashi sensei before," Sakura said thoughtfully.

"How about daddy? Did you used to give him chocolates too?"

"Uhmm, well - yeah," she diverted her eyes towards the other way, "I give him yearly,"

Though he often throws them away, huh. Cause he doesn't like sweets, her Inner Mind said.

"Then I decided, I will give chocolates to Daddy too! Because I like him. And I like Uncle Naruto, and Kashi-sensei as well, and oh...Ren too,"

"Don't let Daddy know that one," she said laughing.

"What is?" she innocently asked.

"Keep it a secret that you're going to give chocolates. Just surprise Daddy, I know he will like it," Sakura said as she kissed her head.

"Okay,"

"Can I make a suggestion?"

"What is it, Mommy?"

"I think it's best if you make the chocolates on your own. It would be more meaningful that way. Though it's the thought that counts for every gift you gave to a person, a little personal touch will be a little bit special isn't it?"

"Oh, then I will! I will ask Sachi if she likes to make chocolates too,"

"That's my girl,"