Chapter 12

Chapter 12

------

It's impossible.

Yeah, right. What are you? A self-reproducing sea creature? An amoeba perhaps?

But with one time? How high is the probability of that?

It can happen. And here it is!

It's not sure yet!

Denial much?

I'm safe those days! I knew it!

Yeah, that's why you're so confident not taking any pills. So what do you get now?

She groans as she lies down on that bed. She's in one of those private rooms in the Hokage tower. She was having a debate with her inner self. Of course, it's possible! She smacked her forehead and groaned inwardly.

Sakura put an arm over her head and closed her eyes. She was shaking and bit her lip, trying to control the trembling as she remembered the conversation with her Shishou just a while ago.

Sakura was stunned by the Hokage's question. Many things and emotions came into her, slamming the weight of that one particular question into her.

"W-What?" She must have heard her Shishou wrong, so she asked again.

"I'm asking you if you're pregnant," Tsunade, now looking directly into her eyes.

Again, Sakura was stunned and she felt like she couldn't feel anything. She's getting numb and cold sweat runs into her whole body. It took her a while to fake a laugh towards her Shishou. She's not pregnant! There's just no way!

"I-Impossible Shishou! H-how can..." she gulped. Her mouth was getting dry. "...h-how can I get pregnant? I mean..it's not p-possib-"

Hotaru Village.

The mission.

Sasuke.

All of that flashed into her with one fell swoop.

"You tell me. I know one when I saw one. I haven't been in this field for four decades for nothing. You may not have noticed anything yourself, and I may not have the Byakugan's but nothing escaped with my eyes," Tsunade's gaze was so intense on her she dared not to look back. She lowered her eyes and went to the sweaty palms rested on her lap. She remembered many things all at once. Hotaru village, that one fateful night, that intimate encounter with Sasuke. And now, a baby?

'I'm pregnant? With Sasuke's child?'

A baby...

She was shaking. She could see her fingers trembling. So she curled them into a fist.

She did make love to Sasuke. Wait, is there love on that night? On her side, there was, but what about Sasuke? Or was it just 'she did have sex with Sasuke'. She was not stupid not to know that there's a probability that she'll get pregnant. They didn't use any protection at all.

"Then, you must have seen wrong Shishou," Sakura lowered her head more. To hide her guilt. She wished that the floor would open and swallowed her at that moment, "There's no way I'm pregnant. I mean...how can...how can...-"

"Let's do a check up on you then,"

Her eyes snap towards her Shishou. She couldn't read the Hokage's emotion. But her honey-colored eyes could tell a million things about her.

[SasuXSaku] Tightropeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें