Chapter 20

Chapter 20

------------

Twack!

He hit the dummy right in the head.

Twack! Twack!

He threw a kunai again and this time one hit the heart but the other one missed its target.

Tch. Sasuke mumbled silently and from his crouching posture, he stood up straight and exhaled. After he was excused from the meeting, he went back to his training. This was really not his day.

When the Hokage had called for him, he knew this was not good news. She must be up to something now that her apprentice was back in town. The Hokage was really an evil being in the form of a beautiful woman, he thought. And he believed he was right.

The idea of Sakura and her daughter staying in his place was utterly ridiculous. Absurd. But definitely something he can accept. After all, Sakura was his former teammate, he knew her...not just plainly knew her, but intimately speaking, what happened five years ago---

Ok, stop, stop! He didn't like where that thought was heading. He sighed. That was already in the past. And for him it's just a normal occurrence...the thing that had happened between him and her, usually happened between a man and a woman...in need.

He shook his head and tried to focus his mind on what was on hand. Sakura needed a place to stay for at least two days. His place was huge. And he's the only one living there though his former team members of Hebi were always frequent visitors, especially Karin. And because of the constant bickering and noise, he was now planning on restoring the Uchiha district. That way, they can visit and stay in his place and he would still have a lot of space and peace. He also needed a private place where he can meditate and train on his own. The former Uchiha compound, their house had a huge backyard where he and Itachi were often trained when they were young. He remembered he was talking to Naruto about this and Naruto suggested that they should speak to Tazuna. When it comes to carpentry and building things, nothing beats Tazuna and now his grandson, Inari. Naruto had informed him that from their mission in Suna, he will pass by and go to Wave and will ask Tazuna about it.

The Uchiha district being restored brings a ghostly smile across his face. What's good about it was that the Hokage gave her permission on rebuilding the place, and she seemed genuinely happy about it. And thinking about the Hokage, his mind brought up what happened a while ago.

The pinkette stormed out of the office without a single word upon hearing the Hokage's suggestion. No, it's not a suggestion; it's more like an order. He just gave it a shrug. Yes, he can spare and share his place for two days for the medic-nin and her daughter. But based on her reaction, he assumed she didn't want to.

Sasuke rubbed his temple. Thinking these things makes his head hurt. It's getting dark so he decided he should get home. Today's the start of the Moon Viewing Festival and he was actually invited by Captain Yamato for a drink. Sasuke glanced at the sky and sadness crossed his onyx eyes. 

On the purplish sky, the big silver moon hung so eerily, yet enticingly beautiful and mysterious. He remembered that during this season, his mom would be very busy preparing stuff for the festival. The Uchiha clan owned a medium-sized lake where most kids had trained for their fire jutsu training. The place was actually designed for that. Aligned in the bank of the river were old sakura trees that seemed to glow under the full moon. Fugaku, his father, would always get the best place where they can do the moon-viewing under the sakura trees. They would prepare picnic blankets and mats and his mom would always prepare delicious food for them, while his father drinks his sake heartily while watching the festival performance. His brother, Itachi, would often poke his forehead, teasing him for being a crybaby.