Chapter 28

Chapter 28

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe this!" Sakura threw her hands in the air, turned around and keep pacing back and forth in front of the Hokage, "I can't believe you'll do this to me Hokage-sama. You know how I tried my best to keep away from him just so I can move on from this...this stupid feeling I have for him! You knowthat I have to do something if we're living in the same fucking village and know that I have to do this for me to be able to live after all the things that had happened between us! Now this?"

Tsunade eye's followed her apprentice as she was pacing back and forth in the room. "So," she cleared her throat then gazed at the pink haired woman who was still wearing her scrubs. She must've really sprint straight from her shift when she had received the mission scroll, "you're saying that you still love him?"

Sakura paused and snap her head towards the Hokage. Did she still love him? OF COURSE. Didn't she promise FOREVER to him? And that promise wouldn't change no matter what the circumstances are. But, as she had decided years ago, she had already accepted the fact that Sasuke will not see her as a woman, and will never love her back. He will never give her the only thing she wanted the most. His affection...his love. He even told her that they're not friends to her face! It's time to know when to give up and when to face the truth.

At least out of it all, she has something from him in return...her daughter.

She took her time to answer as she looked away from the intense eyes of her Shishou, sadness immediately crossed her eyes, but just a brief moment. She's not weak anymore. "I...--"

"Look Sakura," Tsunade stood and approached her, "Aside from being a woman who's in love, a loving mother, you are still a Shinobi. This mission is for that shinobi. Do you understand? You have to set aside whatever conflicting emotions you have for him. Do this as a professional and you have to show him that after all those times, you are not affected by him anymore. You have to show him what you're capable right now," Tsunade looked at her trying to gauge her reaction, "Do you want to show him you're weak against him?"

"I am not weak," she glared at the floor, "I can even wipe his face on the floor,"

"I know, and you can rub it to him that you're not that weak girl before. Take this mission and show him,"

Sakura sighed in defeat. No matter what she'll do, she had to do it anyways because a Hokage's order is a law, and unfortunately even the mednin is not above that law.

"I understand," She said with firm expression. She has to do this anyways. She just remembered Ryuna's eyes were awakening and this mission aka project could help her resolve some of the issues and mystery she can't find about the Sharingan. It's going to be give and take then.

Tsunade obviously heaved a sigh of relief as she sat again on her swivel chair. She was really worried that her apprentice will fight her for this new mission. She unconsciously rubbed her temple but still thankful that in the end she choose to cooperate. Still, in the back of her mind, there was that question of why the Uchiha suddenly propose this kind of arrangement. What was he planning? This was really rare but she set those thoughts aside. In the medical history, this is going to be a breakthrough. And she's resting the success of this research to the pink haired mednin who had conflicting emotions towards the egotistical Uchiha. She really hopes everything will end successfully and they will attain favorable results.

Or something good between the two could happen, who knows.

"Good. The truth is, I was planning to send Shizune to him but considering that Shizune handles poison expertly than eyes, I decided to send you instead since you have studied under Dr. Tenkou about this field. The sessions will last for two months, maximum is six. It will still depend on the result and how much information that brat is willing to share to us. You have to document everything from scratch. You will start this weekend. Clear all your schedules in the next few days and use that to re-assign any pending work you have in the hospital. Shizune will handle the rest of it. Apply everything that you have learned from Dr. Tenkou. I know you can do this Sakura," Tsunade smiled at her.