Chapter 15

Chapter 15

---------

Everything happened so fast. After the loud blast in the eastern forest, Naruto's bloodlust was so intense Sakura got the chills from it. Then he run off and jumped towards where the blast came from...where he could sense Sasuke. Both girls tried to run after him but suddenly found out they couldn't move. They confirmed that they were both held by Shikamaru's shadow manipulation technique and Neji's with him. Neji told the girls that all of them were being summoned by the Hokage as soon as possible, much to Sakura's dismay and protest that they should run after Naruto first. Shikamaru wouldn't budge and told them that it's orders. With gritted teeth, Sakura went towards the Hokage tower.

Upon arriving in the tower, platoons and divisions have already been assembled, and Tsunade had already been giving orders. When she saw her apprentice, she barked about the whereabouts of Naruto. Sakura told her that he went where they could sense him. Tsunade bit her nails and utter a series of curses. Then, just as Sakura was about to ask that she too must go where Sasuke was, to finish the business with him once and for all, an ANBU appeared before them telling that something weird was going on around the village...not a single person could get out from the village! 

This brought confusion to Tsunade as well as all the people around there. It was confirmed when Kakashi arrived, that he couldn't set foot outside the village's perimeter, and that some kind of invisible force field or barrier was around the whole village. He had tried to use possible techniques to dispel or destroy the barrier, but nothing seems to work. 

Two cloaked men arrived and they reported that they found weird markings on strategic places around the barrier, and when they analyzed it, they hypothesized that the whole village was sitting like a duck. Those markings were bombs and they could go off anytime. 

Enraged, Tsunade marched off towards the village's south main gate and indeed, she found out that the reports were true. She saw the markings, rather, they were ancient runes, analyzed it, and with her vast knowledge and expertise, found out that what she saw was a Lost Technique...a ninjutsu so old and dangerous that it was forgotten by time itself. How on earth did that brat find this technique? Was this the one he was seeking in the impregnable prison in the Land of Grass? How did he get that information in the first place?

Then they heard loud noises followed by tremors. They could even see smoke rising up in the air, estimating that the enraging battle must be around two miles from the village. All of them have concluded one thing...Sasuke and Naruto have finally met and were engaged in the deathmatch of powerful techniques, skills, and abilities. With all the frustration building up because they can't do anything, a lot of question was in Sakura's mind. Why did Sasuke confine all of them inside the village? Did he really think that he could hold all of them hostage or was this his way of destroying the village in a manner of putting a challenge towards Naruto?

The loud sound from two powerful shinobi fighting was so unnerving it brought chills down on Sakura's spine. All of them could feel the immense power those two possessed. It was like the heat of the sun. Sasuke and Naruto were now fighting farther and farther (maybe, it's an effort from Naruto to bring the duel as far from the village as possible), but they could still feel the heat of their battle. She could feel her knees becoming weak, but she must hold her ground. 

Fear was slowly creeping up on her. It was intimidating as well as it brought excitement in her. She so wanted to see both of them, but she knew too well that she could endanger her life. No, she knew that anyone who'll attempt to be near the two now will endanger their lives. Her heart won't stop pounding on her chest so she held her hand close to them. Sasuke was finally here...he was so close. She bit her lip and swallowed the lump on her throat. All she could do now was to pray that none of the two will die in this decisive battle.