Chapter 21

Chapter 21

--------------

Because she couldn't afford them to be heard by Sasuke, she almost sent Naruto back to Suna with his big mouth. She heard the blond almost spilled out something to Sasuke. Good thing he's a loudmouth and noisy, she immediately heard him.

Sakura pulled Naruto inside the room, where she and Ryuna had slept...in Sasuke's room. Ryuna was still sleeping in the bed. In hushed tone, she signaled Naruto to hush as well.

"You were about to say something to Sasuke," glaring at the Hokage-to-be, she whispered, folding her arms under her chest, squinting her eyes on the blond Jinjuuriki. She noticed that he was still covered in dirt and was still carrying his travelling bag. He really did fly straight here from the mission.

Naruto scratched his head, "N-No, I didn't! I am telling Sasuke that Ryu-chan is cute and-"

Sakura squinted her eyes more, "I'm telling you Naruto. Stand on your words. You wouldn't tell anyone, especially him of anything! You hear me? Or I'll make sure that a certain appendages of yours will be cut and you wouldn't see an heir in the future!"

Naruto's eyes went wide. "Oh no, I promise! J-just...don't do something like that!" He knew Sakura can do whatever she says.

Both of them stopped talking when Ryuna turned on her side. But then, she falls asleep again.

"We can't stay here, you'll wake my daughter up because of your big mouth!" she whispered, "Let's go to the balcony,"

The med-nin opened the door, followed by Naruto and both exited the door. She closed the door gently to avoid any noise. Both went past the living room and into the balcony. Naruto opened the glass sliding door and both went outside. Naruto was facing inside the apartment while Sakura was standing facing him, behind her was the sliding glass doors.

"So, when are you going to tell him?" Naruto excitedly asked her.

"Never," Sakura said, folding her arms under her chest again, refusing to look at Naruto. Her eyes focused on a couple of little tree sparrows chirping happily in the neighbor's roof.

"But Sakura-chan, this is your chance!" Naruto whispered fiercely, trying his best to toned down his voice, frustration evident on his feature, "Look at where you are now. Ryuna's dad is just at the same roof as she is! I'm sure that Teme will be so thrilled---"

"Naruto, stop! We're done with this talk eons ago!. Just...Just leave it okay?" Sakura said.

Naruto sighed. How can he help his friends. Everything was just so simple yet why did they make things complicated? He only wanted them to be happy. To let Ryuna know that her Daddy was one of the most powerful shinobi in the world...that he's just right beside her. It would be awesome that Ryuna can be proud where she came from...an Uchiha. And to let Sasuke know, that he's not alone in this world.

And to give the Uchiha survivor another chance to know and feel what was a family again.

But he respected their decisions...because he loved Sakura and Sasuke, and little Ryuna. Sometimes, it gets on his nerves looking at both of them suffering because of their foolishness. Both have the same pride as big as the whole Fire Country! Someday...he wished that there will come a day when both of them will be happy. And he will be happy for them as well. But right now, all he could do was to be the spectator...the observant, and in his ways, he will help his two hard-headed, prideful and foolish friends and teammates...and that's his silent oath, a promise of a lifetime for this time!