Chapter 21

SOME SCENES ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR VERY YOUNG READERS. PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED.

Somewhere Someday

(Chapter 21 – Before It’s Too Late)

At the mansion, Alfred discusses things with Lloyd as the latter visits his girlfriend. While waiting, the young man gives an advice to the freshman about life’s lessons and some experiences while staying in Germany for two months.

The boy absorbs everything that Alfred says, just like an older brother, or a father. They also promise to pray for Hanna as the girl’s condition is getting worse day by day.

“Lloyd!” A loud girly voice fills the guest hall as Trixie enters. The two guys look at their back, seeing the posh chick walk towards them.

“Trix! I… I hope you’re not mad at me.” The freshman stutters, thinking that Trixie might get angry for telling Alfred her most kept secret.

The pretty girl rolls her eyes while she crosses her arms, doing an intimidating look at Lloyd. Then, after a few seconds, she smiles at the boy.

“Who told you that I’m mad?”

“Y-you’re not?” Lloyd is shocked with her sudden reaction, making the girl reply “I’m not mad! In fact… I’m very thankful. I proved that you really love me, Mr. Dimple!”

With her two hands, Trixie clasps Lloyd’s cheeks and gives him a short and sweet kiss on the lips. In return, the boy closes his eyes, feeling that it is just a wonderful dream. He can’t believe that he already had his first kiss.  

“Wow, Trix!” Lloyd’s eyes sparkle in amazement. “Just wow!” The boy exhales deeply after the unexpected smack. For him, the girl’s lips taste like caramel.

“Sigh… young love, sweet love, as they always say!” Alfred laughs, seeing the boy happy with his first kiss. He pats the boy’s shoulder and congratulates him. “Nice, Lloyd! But I won’t tell this to your sister. She might get mad.” The young man bumps Lloyd’s arm.

Hearing Alfred’s voice, Trixie looks at him, with eyes now full of gratitude. She sits down beside the young man, smiling at him.

“Thank you for being a brother.” She grins meekly. Bowing down her head, she also apologizes for being arrogant and judgmental. “Now I confirmed to myself… that not all brothers are cruel.” She puts her hand on top of Alfred’s.

“I’m glad we’re okay now.” Alfred smiles, moving his head up to show a brother-like gesture to Trixie. “You don’t need to be scared. Remember that you still have your family.” He adds, touching the girl’s head.

“From now on, I will stop calling you Grandpa. Maybe… Kuya will do?” The posh chick offers to be a kind sister to Alfred, making him reply “I’m okay with that, little sister!”

“Ha! Ha! Ha!”Lloyd suddenly laughs, butting into the conversation.