Chapter 7

Somewhere Someday

(Chapter 7 – Sweet Peril)

It is an ordinary lunch hour at Taste Buds Café, the in-house university cafeteria which has an ambience of a high-class restaurant. It is a domed hall which has round glass tables, soft velvet cushiony seats, three long rectangular buffet tables for main dishes, desserts and beverages, and a secluded coffee lounge for students who just like to study while sipping their favorite lattes and frappuccinos. It’s an eat-and-drink-all-you-can spree as enrollees have already paid for it as part of the school fees. However, the coffee lounge is excluded from the package, since one has to pay more than a hundred pesos for a single cup of coffee.

Students are flocking in as they start their mid-afternoon break. The savory aroma of baked salmon and roasted beef attract long lines in the buffet tables. Seats are limited that’s why it is very important for someone to save you a seat or table before getting food. Luckily, Lloyd’s lunch schedule is 15 minutes ahead of his sister’s, so he saves a table for her, including friends JC and Paula.

Before Lloyd finishes gobbling his meal, a precious privilege that he fears to be taken away from him because of his unstable scholarship status, he and Hanna briefly discuss the latter’s recent nightmare.

“What?! But I thought that it already stopped last week? Your nightmare must have been a recurring one.” Lloyd asks in shock as he worries for his sister.

“I dunno. I also thought that it was over, but I dreamed of something terrifying last night.” Hanna explains her recent dream.

“Is it still the shootout scene?” Lloyd waits for a confirmation while enjoying his baked potato.

“Yes, and I’ve always been seeing unknown faces… especially that guy…” Hanna recalls the scenes on her nightmare.

“A guy? Ha! Now you’re telling me that he’s the star of your REM sleep soap opera.” Lloyd jokes around as he takes a last sip of his lemon iced tea.  

“Lloyd, I’m serious here. You’re already in college and yet you still act like a high school kid.” Hanna frowns as she slightly pushes her brother’s head to stop him from fooling around.

“So, you have been dreaming about a mysterious guy for 2 months?” Paula asks in full curiosity as she bites on a shrimp tempura using chopsticks. Hanna nods in reply.

“I think we share the same situation, Snow White!” JC excitedly butts in as he begins to share. “This has been happening for 2 years already. I have been dreaming about a mysterious girl… my dream girl.” the small-eyed guy smiles.

“Daydreaming, perhaps?” Paula exclaims.

“Daydreaming about my Ate.” Lloyd giggles like a child as his cheeks turn pink because of sudden laughter. His sister begins to talk to him about a different topic.

“Hey, no offense but, I’ve noticed… you always eat alone when you wait for us. Are you okay? Do you have problems or whatsoever? One week has passed and I don’t see you hanging with friends.” Hanna starts to worry about her younger brother.