Chapter 23

Somewhere Someday

(Chapter 23 – Once In A Blue Moon)

“What’s the problem?” JC asks Alfred while the latter is walking back and forth. He is anxious for it is only now when he realizes that he was not the one who proposed. Being an old-fashioned guy that he is, the young man makes it a big deal.

“Didn’t you notice? Hanna was the one who asked for a wedding, not me.” Alfred frowns while sitting on a bench outside the hospital.

“Relax! This is the 21st century! Anything can happen… anyone can propose.” JC swifly wraps his arm around Alfred’s shoulder, giving the young man a buddy tap.

“I was not able to give her a decent proposal.” The young man looks at a far distance.

Lloyd jumps on another side of the bench and laughs at Alfred’s last statement. With the two guys looking at him, he thinks of a good suggestion to appease the worried man.

“Why don’t you give my ate a grand wedding?”

“Would she like it? I know Hanna… she’s simple.” Alfred replies while JC slaps his own forehead.

“I remembered my first and last dinner date proposal. Fail!”

“It rained that night, right? Ha! Ha! Ha!” Lloyd laughs as he munches on a hotdog bun.

“I think I have a crush on Trixie.” JC naughtily smiles as he looks at Lloyd, making the latter shout “Hey, not my Trix!” The freshman throws bread crumbs at the chinky-eyed guy’s face.

“Stop it! You’re not helping!” Alfred gets irritated with the two guys playing and joking around.

“Chill, kuya! Don’t worry, the three of us will prepare the most romantic wedding of the century!” Lloyd looks at the sky and lifts his hands to stress his point.

**********************

At the hospital room, the girls are also talking about the upcoming wedding. As Hanna sits on her bed, Trixie and Paula are busy thinking of what might happen at the event.

“You’re something, girl. Asking a guy for a wedding!” Paula chomps on an apple.

“Even I was shocked.” Hanna makes an innocent laugh while looking at the window. Her face looks more pale, and lips are cracking dry.

“I think I should also propose to Mr. Molina. I’m 95% sure he likes me.” Paula bites her lower lip, shaking the apple that she’s holding.

“The Psych professor? Like eww, he’s 35!” Trixie rolls her eyes as her legs are crossed while sitting on a small chair beside the bed.