vi. fork

Some days had passed and my ribs were still hurting. Sometimes I take one of Nick's pills to stop the pain, but no matter how much physical pain I was, all I could think about was him.

All this... it changed me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I don't know who's standing in front of me. And I know I should hate the person staring back at me. I should cause whoever that is, would do anything to get what it wants. But I don't. It can't be that wrong, can it? The world has gone to shit. Is it that wrong that I would kill for the people I love?

Daniel, Madison, and Ofelia had a man in the basement of the neighbor's house. They were trying to make him say where Nick and Griselda were but nothing. They got that had something to do with 'cobalt' but we didn't know what it means. I have been waiting to go there for a long time now, but I haven't been able to stand up. However, I decided that I go there today.

"Hey..." Maddie tells me noticing I can walk properly and that I'm leaving her house. "Are you sure?" she asks already knowing where I'm going.

"Never more." I say "As he said something yet?"

"No, Daniel is trying but no." She says as we walk into the house.

"He will." I stat as I open one of the kitchen drawers and take out a fork, noticing Ofelia sitting on one of the kitchen chairs.

"Katherine. Wait! There's no go back to what you're gonna do!" She warns me and I look at her.

"I know. But I'll get Nick back." I say as I open the door to where the guy was.

As soon as he sees me he starts moving, hoping that I was there to save him but I just look at him from up to down scoff.

"Has he said anything yet?" I ask Daniel who is covered in blood and cleaning a knife.

"Nothing."

"Let me try." I say as I walk towards him. "What's cobalto?" I ask looking into his eyes, close enough to hear his breathing.

"Stop please." He cried out and I turned his hand around and stuck the fork into his palm so hard that if I let go of it it would stand without my help. "Arhh" He screams and I twist it.

"What. Is. Cobalt?" I ask once again and push out the fork noticing he isn't saying anything. "Okay. Maybe you just need a little more... motivation." I say as I get behind him putting the fork awfully close to his eye.

Daniel looked at me almost telling me not to since it would be something very easy to see but I keep it there.

"Unless you want to lose your eye, I would highly advise you to tell me what Cobalt is." I warn and he keeps silent but soon starts talking when I touch his eye with it. Not hard enough to leave a mark.

"It's a code." he spit

"What do you mean a code?" I say as I press harder and Daniel looks at me warning me once again.

"I tell you just stop!" He says and I back off.

"Go ahead." I say as I stand in front of him once again.

He hesitates in talking so I grab his hand and close it making the wound I had created on his palm with the fork start bleeding so much that the blood was dripping on the floor.

"It's a command code!" He spits again and I let him go. "It's the command code to initiate evac from the LA Basin."

"What the hell do you mean with evac? When are we leaving?" I ask and he looks down.

"Not you. Just us." He breathes and I stuck the fork into his hand again.

"What about us?! What about Nick and Griselda?!" I ask and he cries out.