xiv. guns

I park the car and Troy walks toward me already ready to ask me where I was.

"Hey." He tells me as I walk out of the car.

"Hi." I fake a smile from ear to ear as I see him and he kisses me passionately as he wraps his arms around my waist to pull me closer. "What the hell happened to your eye?" I ask as I look at his eye that it's looking like it had been stepped on.

He nods towards the two persons that I still could not see due to the horrific placement of Jeremiah, ugh, I hate that man.

"She almost took my eyes off with a spoon," he says and I wide my eyes almost giving a fuck.

"Where's Jake?" I ask noticing he was probably the one on that helicopter.

"He came in the helicopter. He'll be here soon enough. Why do you care about him anyways?" He says as he gets all jealous. I hate it.

"I was just wondering." I say as I peck him in the lips, "Your father called me." I say as I get out of his grip and he walks with me towards the gate.

"Kat! Troy!" Mike calls and we walk towards him.

"The helicopter is not here yet." He says

"No shit." I give him an ironic smile. "They'll come."

"I want you to meet Katherine. She's Troy's girlfriend. She helps him rule this place. She rules his and Jake's part." I hear Jeremiah laughing and walking towards me but I don't even dare to turn around. "Katherine." He tells me and I look behind me.

What the fuck?!

"This is Madison and her son, Nick." He says as my eyes analyze their faces and I just want to kiss Nick. But I can't.

"Katherine?" Maddie asks as Nick just stares at me.

"You know each other?" Troy asks as he places his arm around my waist.

"Long time no see," I say and look at Troy. "We have work to do," I tell Troy and he nods as he wraps his arm around my waist and we walk away from them.

I missed them so much, but I was here for a reason, and I could not blow it up.

"So... where do you know them from?" Troy asks as we walk towards the infirmary.

I learn how to heal people! I mean, I tried. I failed. But I tried. I just want to leave that out there...

"We meet after all this, then the place burned down. I thought they were dead." I lie through my teeth as the nurse patched his eye.

Troy doesn't say a word, but by his face, he doesn't buy it.

As we got to my car where I had my notebook with a small pen and my notes, he pushes me against it.

"Don't you want to deal with that later?" he whispers into my ear and kisses my neck.

I look to see if Jeremiah wasn't watching over us but I only see Nick, who was death glaring at us.

"Now that I think about it..." I say as he keeps kissing my neck and I put my hand on his cheek causing him to look at me. "...I wouldn't mind a bit." I kiss him and we get inside the house.

I really wouldn't mind escape all this shit for a little while, and hearing Troy's shit about Nick and Maddie is not something that I want to do right now, so sex was a pretty good idea. Win-Win.

***

"That was..." Troy says as he lays on my side. "...amazing." He breathes out.

I feel like shit. Don't get me wrong, I love sex, is just that... I can only think of Nick. Not Troy. And that shit... ugh, it makes me a very bad human being.