viii. kids

"Someone go call Chris please." Travis asks when we're getting ready to seat at the table.

"I'll go." I say to Nick watching him get close to the stair and holding his arm. "Chris!" I call as I watch him leave his room. "Lunch's ready" I smile and he walks up with his hoodie on.

I go sit at the table, at Nick's side when I see Chris looking at us and walking to the deck.

"If not..." Ofelia keeps talking with Maddie.

"Yeah, here..." Maddie starts taking something to give her.

"...they got fish." Ofelia finishes then we hear a splash and everyone gets up.

"What as that?" Travis asks as he comes from upstairs.

"That was a splash" Daniel states and I walk to the deck.

"Chris!" Nick calls and enters the water when he sees the boy floating "What the hell, man?!" he snaps at him "What the hell are you doing?"

"I wanted to swim." Chris says pushing Nick away.

"Oh, okay... swim..." Nick smiles knowing what Chris really wanted to do.

"Is he okay?" Maddie asks.

"Hey, come on in. Water is fine." Nick says as he swims away from Chris. "Mom!" He screams after a while.

"Travis!" Maddison calls noticing that there are dead in the water.

"Chris!" Travis calls. "Get out of there."

"Where is he?" Alicia asks looking for Nick as Travis gets in the small boat driving towards his son. "Nick!" She calls.

"I hear someone." He says before starting swimming towards the boat coming from behind the smug.

"What the hell are you doing? They're probably dead!" I scream at him but nothing.

Travis was on the boat and had already caught Chris but who cares about Chris anyways. Nick is the one I care about. Nick's the one that can not die.

"Nick! Where are you?!" Travis screams.

"Where is he?!" I ask both Maddie and Alicia.

"Nick!" Maddie screams "Oh, my God."

"Nick!" Travis screams and gets into the water. "Nick!"

"He's right there!" Alicia screams pointing at him, who was with a book or some shit on his hand.

"We should be leaving now." Strand says as he walks down the stairs. "Someone is joining us."

"Travis!" Maddie calls.

"It could be no one..." He says as he walks back up "...or it could be the one's who did that." he tells Alicia.

As soon as Nick gets into the boat with Travis and Chris, I and Maddie walk upstairs.

"Travis has Nick. They're coming back." Maddie tells Strand.

"Good. But this boat's gonna be on us." He points at the radar. "They're doing a good 25 knots. They're flying."

"How fast can we go?" I ask.

"Full out, 20. But that'll work the engines too hard. We need a head start." He explains.

"You thinks that's the boat that killed those people?" She asks.

"You want to wait and ask them?" I ask as I sit on the couch behind him and Maddie walks down.

"what are you doing here?" he asks me.

"You mean, here with you? or here with them?"

"Either."