xxvii. words

It had been little more than two years. I had stuck around with Althea, and after a lot of fighting, you can say I hate her less.

I spent a lot of time looking up for Nick but I never found him. I tried everything I could, but I survived the explosion and I'm not throwing my life away. I'm okay for the first time in a long time.

Every day before going to sleep I remember my talks with Ofelia. My talks with Alicia. Paulo. Nick.

But I'm okay. I hope they're okay. Wherever they are.

I've been thinking about their last words to me.

Paulo knew his fate. He said goodbye when we saw my face when I killed the walker on him.

"I'm sorry." He mutters as he pushes his sleeve a little bit and I see a bite mark on his shoulder.

"No..." I feel my heart stopping as I see that. "It's okay... It's okay..."

Ofelia wasn't ready to go, I could see it in her eyes. She knew it, but she couldn't understand it. Neither could I when she begged me to kill her.

"You can. Please." She begs and I nod hugging her one last time.

"I'll miss you," I say softly as I start feeling her body getting heavier and Salazar's car getting closer. "No, no, no, no, no! Please wake up!" I cry shaking her. "Don't leave me."

Nick was different. It wasn't forced. We both knew our fate. We understood it. We faced it. But still, here I am. And him... I don't know where he is. I'm afraid I never will.
I can still feel him. I know he's out there. I just don't know where.

"Maybe in an afterlife, we can celebrate the marriage and you'll give that ring." I mutter as he puts his head on top of mine.

"Maybe." He assures and pushes the button on the detonator.

And just like that, it's over. Everything. They die. I keep standing. I'm the worst of all of them, and I'm the one standing.

"Hey!" Al calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You're awake?"

"No," I say back and she enters the back of the tank where I was looking at me. "What?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Come on. I found a store." She tells me making me take a deep breath and get up with a groan.

"I hate you." I walk past her, grabbing my gun, and walking towards the store.

"I know, you say it about five times every ten minutes." She teases and I look back at her sticking my tongue out. "You're a child." I open the door.

"You love me." I scoff taking my knife and sticking it into a walker's head. "They got chips!" I look back at her. "And chocolate. Al, you choose the best store in town."

Al walks towards the tomato soups and the noodles putting the whole shelf on her bag, while I walk towards the chips and the chocolates.

***

Althea and I were parked, and I was on the passenger's seat eating one of the bags of chips I took from the store, and she was in the driver's seat. Al would take one every now and then and pretend to hate it. We suddenly hear a gunshot and I look around to see where it came from.

"What's that?" I notice a bunch of dudes pointing their guns at two other dudes. "Oh, fuck me," I mutter noticing that they were the assholes, Althea interviewed once.

"No!" I hit her in the leg noticing that she's driving towards them. "Goddamit."

Everyone looks at us when we arrive. A tank isn't the most discreet thing as you can imagine.

WE ALL DIE ▸ NICK CLARKजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें