xxv. married

We walked towards the exit of the dam. Victor was behind us with a gun pointed to my back. In front of us, there was a group pushing people out of the dam.

"Get to the end of that bridge." He tells us. "Cross that checkpoints and blend in with the locals. Lose the uniforms, walk and keep walking."

"Proctor John wanted me to dispose of these traitors myself." Strand tells the man walking in our direction with a gun on his back.

"How do we find Alicia?" Madison asks as the man walks away

"You don't. Take the gun and hide yourselves in town." Victor gives me the gun making me give it to Madison. "I find Alicia get out of here."

"We can just find her now and take her with us." Nick suggests.

"We'll die." I tell him.

"I thought this out, Nick. This is the best that we can do."

"We can't leave her. I don't have a good feeling about this." Madison starts saying.

"You don't have a choice." Strand looks at the armed man in our way. "And I haven't had a good feeling about anything since 1997."

Suddenly Madison looks back and sees Lola walking towards us shooting everyone in her way.

"Lola no!" She screams and I take in a thick breath before being pushed away by Nick.

As the scene occurred I could feel that this wasn't finishing well. It all stops when the girl falls on the ground with a shoot in the stomach and another in the head. Four men showing up behind her, the one with the gun was the boss. Proctor Josh.

"What fresh hell is this, gentleman?" He asks Victor. "What fresh hell?"

___

"I am mystified." Proctor Josh sighs.

"I can explain." Strand says as Nick slightly touches my hand hoping to call me down.

"Surely you can. But I don't want to hear it."

"I was going to kill them myself-" As Victor says this one of Josh's guys hit him in the head causing him to fall.

"Josh-" Alicia starts saying but it's interrupted.

"Shut up, darling." The boss tells her and I take a step towards him. "What do you think you're doing, sweetheart?" He tells me and the hatred I felt for him increased twenty percent.

"Call me that again-" I almost jump on him but I am stopped by his guy pushing me away.

"Kat." Nick says softly and I look at him swallowing hard before spitting on the floor in front of Josh and smirking at him.

"Control your women." He orders Nick and I scoff. "I'm told the woman I dispatched was the 'Water Queen'. Whom you were supposed to kill and here she springs up like goddamn Wack-a-Mole. One wonders is her soldado alive and waiting to assassinate me?"

"He's dead, I swear." Victor says and he's kicked in the stomach "Oh-"

"He's telling the truth. He confessed to me. And I believe him." Madison speaks up and Josh looks at her nodding.

"You're Madison."

"I am. I'm Madison Clark."

"Go to your mother, dear." He looks at Alicia and she hesitates before doing it "Let's see a joyful family reunion." he says and she goes and hugs her mother.

"And what role do you and your uncontrolled girlfriend play in this internecine family drama?" He asks Nick making me take a deep breath in order to call myself down.